slide show

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My confessional and an all call

UPDATE---Thank you so very much to the women who have reached out to join me on this journey!  I am so grateful that I'm not gonna do this alone.  I currently have many wonderful women, enough to more than  fill up our support group.  Thank you!  I wish everyone the best in reaching their goals in 2013!

......................................................................................

I have a blog secret.

If you know me in person, it's not a secret at all.  It just is.

But blogs are different.  Easier to reveal {and conceal!} the things we want folks to see.  Literally.

I've had the privilege of meeting several folks in person that I've "met" online and via our blog several times. And there are two common themes to our initial conversation.
The first goes something like, Wow, you really look just like you do on your blog!  I thought you guys might look or act different than I expected.  But you guys are just like I thought!  Which always kinda makes me giggle.  'Cause those really are photos of us.   And those really are quotes that we say and things that we do.  The blog is us and all of our crazy stories.
And the second goes something like, Well, there is more than what you see on the blog.  Stuff you can't put on a blog.  Stuff that's too much or too private or too scary.  I mean it is us on the blog, but there is more to us too.  Because there is more to us than what I'm willing to put on a very public format for one reason or another.

And this secret would be one of those things... a thing that there is more of that I don't really talk about.

Confession time...
It's the extra lbs that I'm carrying around.
Here's the thing.  I don't want to talk about it in public or in private.  I don't want you to know.  I want to live in big fat denial that there are some lbs that have to go.  They. Have. To. Go.  Yet for a long while now (longer than I'm willing to admit) this padding either hasn't come off or has come right back.  

It's time.
It's not a New Year's resolution.
It's just time.

No photos.
No numbers.
I'm just not that brave.
Only my confession.
And an all call looking for couple more ladies who are feeling the same way.

I'm looking for a few women who might be interested in going down this weight-loss path with me.  Women who would like to lose some weight together and meet together in our cyber world and support one another.  Women who would like to commit for a whole year to supporting and helping hold one another accountable to our goals.  Women who would like to be real in a private format, sharing their weight loss journey, and commit to helping a few other women do so too.

Are you this woman?  Drop me a note, and let's get together.  I'll need your email address.

For me, it's time.

37 comments:

  1. I am right there with you...I would LOVE to be a party of your journey!

    atxbikegirl at gmail
    and my new blog - viewfromthe512.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me. You know where to find me. Joined a gym in Oct and got a personal trainer 2x a week, but still trying to hurdle the food business. And I will never "out-train" a bad diet, so I need to get serious about food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you and me both sister! Food. Food is evil. And my little secret friend. I'll email you.

      Delete
  3. Would love to join you. I seem to have post-pregnancy weight, only I adopted, so that excuse won't workM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin-I need your email address first to get in contact with you. Email me or leave it here.

      Delete
  4. I would love to join, Nancy. I put on a brave face and act like I'm happy with where I am weight wise but I definitely am not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2013 is my year. Tomorrow I start training for my first 1/2 marathon (gulp). In the process, I'd like to lose 25-30lbs that seem to be stuck to my gut. I'd love to join you and offer any support I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you send me your email address?
      thx,
      nancy

      Delete
  7. It's 10:30 in the morning. I'm reading your blog and fighting the urge to reach for the cookies. Problem? No, I don't have a problem. What would make you think that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love a support group and have many, many pounds to lose. It's been hard to stay motivated all the time.
    Jody
    Korjody@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very scary thing to commit to! But I struggle with arthritis and would feel so much better with 30 less lbs.

    I can't change the fact that I'm 55 years old, but I know if I worked harder at exercise and eating right, I wouldn't feel like I was 55 or older much of the time.

    We were recently asked to consider foster/adopt for an 8 year old if she becomes available. We said yes. It's time for me, too!
    My e-mail is: dougbetsy@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's time for me too!! karen.k.liang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to do this too, but don't know where to start. I see that I need to be a better role model for my kids, as well. ALL the non-Asians in the house need to do better in 2013. damellott@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would also love to be a part of this. I need accountability but don't have the time or money to join an official weight loss program. I have started a hunger/fullness plan that I did at church a few years ago. It looks like you have more than a couple of people interested. keshipley1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is why you don't see photos of me on my blog! Ashamed of that as I know that my kids need pictures of me with them. What hurts even more is the fact that my husband just lost 50 lbs and looks great. For the first time I weigh more than him. )': samnsyd@nc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm game. Been working on a lifestyle change for a little bit and got a huge kick in the butt when my little nursling ended up with a few food allergies which curbs my eating habits.

    Made me really start reading labels, thinking about what I am doing with my body. It will be nice to have ladies to chat with about it and journey with.

    tauvamomof2 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sitting here looking at this empty comment box...should I...shouldn't I? I need to find a supporting group. I need to loose at least 60 lbs. Here I am girls...let's do this together. Thank you, Nancy! :)

    tanya.payzant@payzants.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes please. I'm getting desperate. I need to lose at least 50 pounds... preferably more. Please count me in on this!!

    aleigh220@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recommend the 17 day diet. I was even able to get my husband on board, which is the only way I can stick with something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in if you don't have too many people already. My goal this year is to "encourage" and part of that is that someone will look at me and say, "If she can do it, so can I!" I want to run in a 5k in March or April with my SILs. I just had my gall bladder removed and I've been encouraged to do a very low fat diet for about 6 months. My husband and I decided this would be the time to make some life changes. I SO identify with the other sweet lady who commented that her husband recently lost 50 lbs...so did mine! I'm only 10 lbs less than he is and I'm nearly a foot shorter!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOps...I didn't leave my e-mail address: nataliebenson at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, I wam game to join your group. If you are still collecting gals. I have already lost a ton of weight over the last year or so and now I need to keep at it. I would love to lose more. My "word" for the New Year is "balance" in all I do (work, eating, social, money issues..etc.) and as a single mom to two daughters it can be a struggles and it tends to show up on my hips and butt!
    graceful.living4me AT yahoo DOT com (remove spaces)
    Thanks
    Diane Mom to the M&M Girls
    (One born in Vietnam and one born in China)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nancy, if you haven't figured it out from all these comments, you are NOT ALONE!! I too am struggling with extra weight, and something scary, diabetes. I was diagnosed in the spring of 2012, and started on the journey of weight loss then, but as you know, this is not an easy road. I would love to be in your group of support sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to join your group. I really need to lose as I have just been diagnosed with Diabetes. If you still have room, count me in.
    terilawson88 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Time for me too, sadly the second time, since I went down this road in 1997, which I thought was "for good" but after maintaining a huge weight loss for over seven years, here I am again. This time I have a 4-year old to do it for. You've got my email. Thanks for posting this. I was thinking about some sort of support system outside of people I see every day, and this may be just the answer to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lost 30Lbs......back up 12 since adopting in May. Count me in! judy@westwindwood.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww bummer, I see you have filled up your group! Great idea!! If you have anyone drop out, let me know! katbiggie1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so bummed I didn't see this sooner! I'm there too. And I'm working at it, but this would make it so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bummer here too! Wishing lots of luck to you all! I just joined fitness pal on iPhone iPad...free calorie counter and you can all sign up as friends and keep each other on target!
    Cfpt@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011