slide show

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

China's waiting child lists

On my way to the carpool lane, I heard these squeaky little words from the back seat.
Mama, we need to go get another little boy for our family.  
Jude wants us to add to the Crazies as if it were picking up a loaf of bread from the grocery store.  Jude is mimicking what he hears Papa and I talk about.  (Insert the sound of a record needle screeching here.)
Yep, we've been talking and praying about adopting again.
And?
Nope.  As much as I'd like it to be, yes just isn't what we're hearing for an answer.  We are not starting another adoption journey... yet.  Or at all.  Or right now.  Or whatever.  Or something like that.

So what's a gal to do with a cause that she so believes in?  'Cause once you set foot in the orphanages and you see the children who are waiting, and see their eyes looking at you, once you see them you can never go back.  You can't un-see them.  You can't un-imprint the mark they leave on your heart.  They live there everyday with no mama to call their own and few prospects. Hundreds of millions of them are out there without a forever family to wrap them up in their arms and call them her own.

Maybe we will hop on the adoption roller coaster again someday.  Maybe not.
Until then, there's something I felt I needed to do.
Have you seen the new button over there on the side bar?
China's Waiting Children (from Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 9)
Many agencies and other sources make orphan profiles publicly known, in hopes that a family might come forward to adopt a child.  But these sources are scattered all over the internet.  I felt a need to consolidate these lists into one place so that potential families could more easily access the photolistings of the waiting children.  So I set about doing lots of research and reaching out to anyone who could help add to the list.  So here it is!  Click on the pic (over there on the sidebar) of this sweet cutie pie who used to be one of China's 700,000+ orphaned children, to see the list!

I intend to keep this list current.  I'll change it as time passes and more lists will be added or removed.
So come on over!  Any ol' time!  The link to the list is gonna stay put over there on the sidebar.  And if you think God may be telling you it's time to start looking, go ahead and look at the beauties that are waiting for their forever family to find them.  Beware, there are some amazing children that will be looking back at you!

And if you're so inclined, please add this button to your sidebar so that more folks can see these amazing wonderful waiting children of China.  You never know... maybe just one more child will be united with their forever family!
China's Waiting Children (from Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 9)

19 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a wonderful resource! I need to come back when I have time to look...or maybe my husband would say I shouldn't look too closely. ;) We, like you, are praying, but we are not sure what the answer is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added the link to my blog. And not going to look right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, don't look until you're ready. You know where that leads!

      Delete
  3. One of the families we traveled with referred to the shared list as "the shopping list." As in, "You're not shopping, are you, Honey??" It was very cute. (And since we met them on an adoption trip, it seems pretty clear how that turned out, lol. Actually, they were bringing home 2 that trip.

    I added your button to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. That little girl I sent you info about? She has a family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHH SO happy for her and her family! That's wonderful!

      Delete
  5. I came to this blog through Marci, in a round about way :) But have you ever heard of the Advocate for Waiting Children yahoo group? You can join this yahoo group and in the photos section they have folders of all the children waiting, listed by agency or shared list. Great little thing to know, and updated reguarly! I think this link works to request to join.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AdvocateforWC/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, AWC is a wonderful resource! They are listed already and hopefully lots of folks will go check them out!
      nancy

      Delete
  6. haha! :) The link on your button doesn't work on my tablet :) So I can't open it. Sorry for the duplicate suggestion! I just read your post and thought of AWC and how similar it was. Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I appreciate the suggestion! I have added many sources thx to the suggestions from readers. I think there are 24 places like AWC that list kiddos on the list now and I still need to add a couple more thx to suggestions. I really do appreciate it even though it was already there!
      nancy

      Delete
  7. Good morning Nancy - actually - a link like this is what got us on the adoption ride for the 2nd time. Our first adopted noticed my bride checking a shared list, pointed to a picture and announced that "there is my sister"...and then over the next week or so, clicking on the forward and back buttons found the same picture 3 times. The third time she found the picture my heart melted (I was an RH for that adoption)and I suggested Marie ask for the file - and the rest is (as they say) history!

    hugs - great work - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is amazing! It would break my heart to visit a orphanage and I'm pretty sure I would want to take home all the little ones. That's a great idea you did, making a list I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heart breaking and life centering all at the same time. I do help the list helps someone.

      Delete
  9. I'm fairly new here but am loving your stories and beautiful pictures so far. Just thought I'd let you know that one more little boy shall have a family of his very own soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness!!! The little boys have such a sweet hold on my heart! Congratulations to you and your growing family!

      Delete
  10. I know, oh how well I know! We also are hearing a "No" about another adoption right now. We also have visited orphanages and can't forget. So we advocate and give to fundraisers and pray that God will direct us in His time and His way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Erin, there are so many ways to help the orphan. Adoption is only one of many. Advocate, generate $, it's all really important!

      Delete
  11. Omazing..I am contemplating adopting. This was predestined to visit via 1Epic Mom and new follower. CJ@ INITIALCHARMER.COM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011