slide show

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blogiversary

5 years ago, on this very day, January 31, 2008, I posted for the first time on this blog.
I only wrote for myself back then.  Nobody read that first post but me because the blog was private, and I was the only reader.
We had been to hell and back then.  And I needed an outlet.
It was my diary back then.
Oh my how this silly ol' blog has evolved.
And I have evolved right along with it.

In the almost 5 years since I started this crazy blog, it's taken on a life of it's own.  I must say, that even though the original intent of the blog has drastically changed, I am so so glad that it's not only still here, but thriving!  It has become an amazing record of our family and has introduced me to so many wonderful people that I never would have known otherwise!  Like AshleyAnn and Lisa, and and and... so many more.  Some I've gone on to meet in person, like Kim and Nicola.  A couple of these ladies I met half way across the world, (Hi Venicia and Anne and Paige!)  Others I talked to during phone calls and yes, we've even cried.  And some I have only "met" through a flurry of emails.  Sometimes we connected through adoption (Hi Kelly!) and sometimes photography (Hi Lisa-Marie!) and sometimes both (Hi Annika and Hillary!)  Sometimes our hearts are stuck in VietNam (Hi Lauren and Michelle!) and sometimes in China, right Mary and Eva?  Or a far off country I've only relived through others, Stacey.  Many women have been sounding boards to the trials of raising children that have come from hard places, and I hope I have reciprocated.  There are many women (and even a couple men like Aus who always knows just what to say!) that have touched my heart, said just the right thing at the right time, and seem to have walked in my shoes and blazed the trail before me (Hi Lisa, Sharon, Stefanie!)  I've asked them advice.  I've been asked for advice.  Sometime big things.  And some times small things that just seem so big at the time.  Sometimes we talk about raising special need's kiddos, (Hi Mary and Carrie!)  Often it was just a quick online conversation that hung in my soul longer than you will know.  Only a few of you (that I know of) are friends from way back when like, Melissa and Melissa, but I know we'll be in touch a lifetime.  I've prayed for folks, and I've asked for prayers.  I've seen women and families and children change so much that it could only have been God's handiwork.  It's simply amazing how a blog could be a conduit for so much.  

These heart-felt connections, blessings really, all thanks to a silly ol' blog, are treasured and wonderful amazing glorious gifts to me.  Really.  Thank you.  I mean it!  This silly crazy plain ol' soccer mom that doesn't actually have any kiddos that have ever played soccer, is saying thank you so so very much!

20 comments:

  1. happy blogiversary!!:) It is an awesome bloggy world is it not? Just another amazing way God knits us all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing Paige how I would never know some folks otherwise!

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! 5 years is quite a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5 years! Thank you for sharing your story it really makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That takes commitment! Happy Blogiversary! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversery! Isn't the internet an interesting place? Without it, we would have never "met". I'm so glad we did!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lisa-Marie! Maybe someday I hope we can make it face-to-face!

      Delete
  6. Happy 5 years !!!! Congrats - and it's been fun following and learning from you. Here's to many more fun years:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean I miss that many years of this hilarious blog! I've got some catching up to do!! Seriously, I have enjoyed your blog! It's my morning coffee (since I don't even drink coffee) as is several other of my FAVORITE blogs I visit daily! Thank you for your light-hearted commentary, thought provoking commentary, fun-poking post, photography tips, and that awesome FIRE DOG!!!So glad to enjoy your family on the DAILY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you words are so sweet! Did I mention how a blog can be a personal esteem booster! Thank you, Snekcip!
      nancy

      Delete
  8. It's good to see a few of my favorite blogs still going strong after so many years.

    When we switched to Vietnam from China I searched the web and found a number of Vietnam blogs to keep us from going crazy while waiting. Not many of those blogs are still active today. I planned to close mine down at 5 years, but now into our 6th year I keep it as a scrapbook for the future. I know someday Lily will enjoy reading what was and continues to be such a wonderful experience.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always a little amazed when there are still some of the "VN AP family" here. Those were tough and amazing days.
      Thank you, Bobby!
      nancy

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogiversary Nancy! I don't comment much anymore but I still read your blog all the time. It remains one of my very favourites. Thank you for sharing your family and your photography and your wisdom with us!

    Barbara

    bmcphotoblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary!
    I enjoy reading your blog daily, keep it up!
    Can you believe our one year Melaina & Mimi day is quickly approaching???? Craziness....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still remember when we met in person, Anne. And being kinda taken back that anyone would read this silly ol' thing. It was a pleasure to meet you and sweet Melaina!
      nancy

      Delete
  11. Happy Blogivesary Nancy!! I love your blog especially all your children!! I love that you love Vietnam, Vietnamese food, the Fire Dog!! I proud to be a Vietnamese American, the same as your fire dog and Jude. I will get the children "ao dai" the next time i go to Vietnam. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi nancy, i found your blog when we were considering adoption (still are, but i am just not sure if it is the right thing to do and my heart is just confused and messy about it :( and although i never comment, i love following along your wisdom and experiences with your three smallest people. they are amazing to me, and i admire your commitment and your connection. i hope one day i can be in the right and necessary position to commit and connect with a small one. here's to 5 more years! (and 5 more babies?? :) xx christa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogivesary!! I am so glad that five years ago you decided to do a blog. It is so nice to see the "snapshot" of your family and you each time you share with us. I also love the fact that you share with us , me, so I don't feel all alone being a Momma. Happy Day to you and I look forward to the next 5, 10 15...love much Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in the middle of a perfectly good comment when I fumble fingered the keyboard - I hate it when that happens!

    Thanks for the mention - and for the kind words that I always "know the right thing to say" - heh - I consider myself to be kind of a plain spoken guy who just "calls them like I see them"! If we happen to agree well - that just because y'all are some right thinking individuals!

    Happy anniversary - wouldn't miss your blog if I could help it!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read your blog regularly and love that you keep it real. Your photography is AMAZING and speaks volumes. You inspire. Thank you for sharing your world with us. Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011