slide show

Friday, December 28, 2012

Tengwang Pavilion

One of my favorite images from our whole China trip!  My father, who always has an eye for lines, took it.
Liv and Patch are in the background, and Jiangxi high rises are in the distance across the Gan River.  
Okay to be totally honest, I am getting tired of going through the China travel posts.  It is feeling more like a labor of love than something I'm excited about.  But I must get the posts finished.  The book that will eventually be printed for Mimi would be so sad without the whole trip!  The China posts from here on out may likely be photo heavy, and I figure I can always go back later and add more commentary.  Nevertheless, It. Must. Get. Done.  
Our final destination in Nanchang, Jiangxi, was the Tengwang Pavilion.  It was originally constructed in the 6th century and has since been destroyed and rebuilt many times.  The newest version is far from old.  It was built in 1989.  It's still and a gorgeous albeit modern landmark!  
The temple sits on the bank of the Gan River and provides an awesome views of this little city of 5 million people.  5 million is a small town by China's standards.  Just a tiny blip on the Chinese map.  
I remember that this is a poem that Chinese school children are forced to memorize.
Our guide said she remembered dreading it!  
We visited on a drizzly day.  A little rain didn't stop either us or the other tourists that were visiting.  But again, we felt as if we were a part of the attraction.  I got more stares here than most places.  
This one's for you Judy!  How sweet you were Al.Ways. happy oblige them!
These young ladies were tickled pink to have you pose with them while they took your photo!
Again, Grandpapa posing for a photo.  The Chinese were fascinated with his handle bar mustache.
The young lady in the photo reminded me of Mimi all grown up with her full cheeks and sweet smile.    
Next up, gonna finally get out of Jiangxi and on to Guangzhou.  I will get this project done before the one year anniversary!  I think I can.  I think I can.  

2 comments:

  1. Mimis book is gonna be awesome!! I love that u will give her a visual of not only herself but beautiful scenes from her birth country. What a treasure she .will have !! She will treasure this keepsake forever!!! The pictures had me spellbound!! I just kept staring at each pic for quite awhile.just amazed at the ingenuity of each one!! Exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011