slide show

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sunny's selfies

Have you ever attempted a self portrait?  I had a photography class a while back that had a whole section dedicated to taking photos of oneself.  Oneself was immediately nauseous and considered running away.  After many many attempts, I did finish the assignment, although I was far from happy with it.  I eventually posted that photo here on the blog, but let me tell you I mostly did it just to prove to myself that I could do something really scary.  And scary it was.  I think I'm still traumatized by the whole thing.  

And why is it that some things skip a generation?  The second generation of the craZy us finds Sunny just the opposite.  She's never taken a photography class and is armed with only her cell phone, yet the girl has the most amazing talent for capturing selfies.   This is only a small smattering of them. 
So different.  So many emotions conveyed.  She's never taken a photography class yet she instinctually applies composition rules.  All without the slightest bit of queasiness. 

Ya, I think I want to be 19 and confident with the world in front of me again!
Ya that, but with this brain and all my experience.

How 'bout you?  Can you take your own photo and be happy with it?

14 comments:

  1. Ummmm, maybe your gorgeous girl should teach the "selfless" segment of my next class:) HOLY GORGEOUS GIRL and yes, she has quite the eye for photography!!!! Love all of these!!!! and I loved your selfie too last summer..... I know it is scary, but it is fun to walk on the wild side every once in a while.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa--Well I'm TRYING to get her to teach me, but... I think it has a LOT to do with what's inside to begin with that's stopping me. Duh.
      As for "fun," not so sure about that. And I ususally love to walk on the wild side of life! Gonna keep challenge myself.
      nancy

      Delete
  2. Upon occasion I have taken one that at least I wasn't so horrified with that I immediately deleted it :-) The first two in the last row on the right are incredible! Does she show any interest in photography outside of her phone? She seems to have a good eye for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those ones too! My fave in this group is second column, third one down. But my favorite keeps changing!

      Delete
  3. I despise taking self photos! And I run from the camera if my husband tries to snap a picture of me solo. If the little man and/or hubs is in the photo with me I don't mind so much. I can't put my finger on it but picture of just me are so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! I love snapping self portraits of myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some folks have that gene and others don't. I wish I did!

      Delete
  5. I'm one of those people that looks very different depending on the lighting and the angle. The only photos I like of myself are ones that people I know say don't look a whole lot like me. I'm the same age as Sunny, and she's so lucky that she's so confident and beautiful, she really has a talent. I'm more into taking pictures of other things and people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not one to take my own picture, or even really to seek out having it done. It's the reason most pictures of me are me at faire, taken by other photographers just photographing faire, when I am supposed to ignore the cameras!

    Years ago for one of my art classes we had to do a series of self portraits. We didn't have to have our face in all of them and that helped.. one had just my arm holding a childhood stuffed animal, some had just my personal belongings (things that were me).. but one had to have my face, and its our "ugly" self portrait. You had to draw yourself in a very unflattering way. It was painful to do.. I had to force myself. I still love that picture...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girl is so gorgeous and super talented. ❤

    I remember when I was 19 and used to take pctures of myself with the webcam, haha. I feel like crying whenever I think about it, because I had soooooo many, but I LOST them all when my computer... well, burned. Literally. :) I learned then to put all my photos on CDs. :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ouch! I'm so sorry you lost them! Now off to back-up my photos...
      nancy

      Delete
  8. I can't do it - but it's pretty clear the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

    hugs - brilliant stuff Sunny - work those skills!

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely can not! I take the photo and then compare it to me in the mirror.. It looks nothing like me.. The only one that ever came out looking like me was the one I use for my blogger profile pic.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, no, I hate self portraits! But your daughter is beautiful and definitely is talented in photography! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011