slide show

Monday, December 17, 2012

Sisters and the little family

The little girlies of this family have been pretty inseparable lately.  Mimi anxiously waits for Tess to get off the school bus and then the fun begins.  Jude likes to decompress after school with a snack and some quiet time, but Tess who is always "on" is ready to go for some more fun.  And Mimi, who has been waiting for her to come home all day, is more than ready to oblige her.  The two load up their backpacks, a shopping cart, and a stroller with babies and head into the back yard every day and play whoknowswhat for over an hour.
Every day.
Mostly Mimi follows Tess around and copies her every word and every movement, because after all that's what little sisters are for, right?
Today Mimi got an early Christmas present that they enjoyed.
 I tried.  But I am weak like a little child, and I could not wait to give it to her.
It's a little family, just like ours.  
Each little person has hair color and details like who it represents.  
These are two of my favorites.  Sunny with her hair accessories, earrings, and fancy outfit.  And Boo with glasses and suspenders.
I'm pretty sure these are two little love birds, Papa and me,  K. I. S. S. I. N. G!
I think it's amazing how Mimi put these two, Jude & Tess, side by side, like she knows they belong together too.

And the oops of the project... Mimi's eyes got a little freakishly angry.  Oops.  The big kiddos convinced me to leave it this way, reflecting her amazingly potent temper.  Her little expression grew on me.  And so it stayed.
I'll post how-to details for this project later this week.

19 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely wonderful!!!! I have seen the idea floating around on pinterest, and I love it! You did a fantastic job creating your family!!! I bet they are always treasured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Can't wait for the how to. I have the pegs and the mod podge, just not the confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-O-V-E!!!!!! Can't wait for the 'how to' on this ADORABLE and SO precious project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little ladies are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness...so precious! The girls, and the little wooden people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love watching Mimi and Tess together!!! It warms my heart. And Mimi's gift? I'm in LOVE! Beyond precious and surely something she will treasure for a lifetime. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just all kinds of wonderful...from the sister love to the gift! Love that little pucker on her sweet lips in the kissing picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! The pictures are so precious! And the gift is adorable! I can't wait for the "how to" post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely LOVE the little people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Half the fun is giving stuff when the moment is good! ;) Love the work!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the little people. PLEASE tell us how you did it! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the little people. PLEASE tell us how you did it! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to the "Litte Family" details! I have read your words here for months now and have been blessed by your honest writing about adoption and parenting and inspired by your photography. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable - your girls, the little wooden people, and the photos. Will have to check Pinterest out I guess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWW!! I wish I had such a set too! It would be a smaller set of just 4 people but we could add the grandparents and the cats. :D If only!! I can't wait to see where did you get it or how you made it.

    As for the girls, they are so so SO adorable. They melt my heart. And Mimi's hair has grown out and she looks even more gorgeous, if that's possible. :) ALL your girls are gorgeous though. My favoured pic is the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. one. :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. awwww, I love this!!! So precious!! Such a dear moment, what a blessing to catch it on camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is WAY COOL! Can't wait to read the how-to. And I know exactly what you mean about not being able to wait. May be for the best, this way she can enjoy this amazing gift and not be overwhelmed by others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love, love, love these little dolls!! Awesome pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011