slide show

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Big sister::Little sister

One of the most frequent questions we still get about adoption is,  How are your older/first/biological children handling it?
What folks mean is... Are they resentful?  Do they love them like "real" brothers and sisters?  Do they get along?  Do they get mad when they have to "share" you?

In pictures, this is how they are handling it-

Yoga on the floor in Mama's bedroom.  With my oldest and my youngest.
They've learned that the younger you are, the more flexible you are.  
They've learned that imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery.  
They've learned that amidst the chaos there is joy in the giggles and smiles.
They've learned to take time for themselves but serve others too.  
They've learned how fun it is to share your time with someone you have very little in common with.  
Through one another, the kiddos have learned to help one another. 
They've learned to wait and be patient.
(Well some of the time they've learned that.  Not so much all the time.)
They've learned that sometimes, somebody needs something more than you.  
They've been witness to a patient love that eventually comes full circle.  
They've learned there are amazing gifts that come with personal sacrifice.  
And they've learned that real love has nothing to do with genetics. 



***Y'all appreciate my "realness," right?  You won't judge the fingerprints on my great-grandmother's mirror (It's where the littles "check themselves out" each morning.) and all the crap shoved under my bed, right?

19 comments:

  1. No way would we judge you! People tell me all the time to appreciate the fingerprints because before you know it they are gone. I hope my children will love our newest addition as much as your children do !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiddos are so so amazing in how freely the give their love. I am SURE yours will!

      Delete
  2. What a great, uplifting post. Thank you for sharing.

    holly
    http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!!! Sunny is not only awesome but will soon be a good mother just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!!! Sunny is awesome and will soon be a good mother just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe.. you made me tear up.. to see the love of these two sisters. What a wonderful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post.....so true...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You brought tears of joy to my eyes tonight. So beautiful and so touching. Such sweetness and pure love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're welcome, Kat! They are both wonderful girls and I'm so lucky the Lord entrusted them to our care!

      Delete
  8. Oh this just makes me happy - I love seeing love!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you know how much I love this series, right???? I love real. Unplanned. Ordinary. Real moments. This is life! And I love witnessing how you capture real with your peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister has 2 adopted, bi-racial kids.. I think one of the dumbest questions was "do they know they are adopted?" um, they are black, the rest of the family is not, hello??
    I know I get annoyed with all the adoption questions, but I think you handle them beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Touching post...brought tears to my eyes. Real is awesome! I have left crayon drawings on my front windows for a season just in case my kiddos don't do it again. Thanks for sharing your family and talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures and captions. You capture the "everyday" extraordinarily well Nancy! Sunny sure gave herself, and her littlest sister, a gift by choosing to stay home and go to community college!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't notice any of the "flaws" in the room...I was too busy saying Ahhhh to all the great pictures of your girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the junk under the bed! Thanks for being real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What junk? I don't see any junk? (please let me live in my bubble o' denial!)
      nancy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011