slide show

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Full circle

They used to send me photos and I'd anxiously await them and cry as I saw them.  
Now I send them the photos.

Anyone remember this picture?
Look who just got it half way across the world?
If you haven't been reading long and don't know how this wonderful woman fits into our crazy family life,
you can read about our meeting with her here.  
Someone I "met" via internet was traveling back to China and visited the The Shangrao Children's Welfare Center last Friday, back when I was still recovering from my turkey coma.  She delivered this photo to Mimi's foster mother.  That adoption community is so amazing!  She said there were tears in her eyes when she gave it to her.  What an amazing wonderful blessed and rare gift!  To be able to exchange the photo with her and know our daughter is now missed!

I want to do right by this woman who loved on our daughter before we could.  This wonderful woman who woke with her in the middle of the night and cleaned up after her and watch her first teeth come in.  Who was there to hear her first words and catch her as she tried to take her first steps.  I want to be a better mother and treasure my daughter even more because of her.  Smother Mimi with more kisses, squeeze her a bit more often, and train her up to be a strong and proud American Chinese woman.

15 comments:

  1. Simply Amazing!
    You're soooo lucky. I contacted Melaina's orphanage & sent photos asking for them to be shared with her foster family. All I got was a reply saying thank you. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are filled with tears. What a wonderful thing to share a picture with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Beauty and God's love coming full circle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I SO plagiarizer you and changed the post title! Much more appropriate. Please don't turn me in.
      nancy

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful thing. Our sons foster parents were very upset when we went to pick him up. I try hard to send pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing. I know that when we went to pick up our son, his foster parents were completely upset. It was so hard and emotionally draining. We try to send pictures every month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears! Thanks for sharing this beautiful post and photo. Did she put that little photo in the corner or did you photoshop that in? Were you able to also send her that amazing photo of their goodbye? Hope you are able to "keep in touch." Many blessings to your wonderful family, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy-I Photoshop-ed that corner photo in. It's Mimi's referral photo with her DOB and Chinese name. I wanted it to be pretty fool proof even if there was no common language.
      No, I did not send the other pics. It's a judgement call, but I think their still a bit too painful and too fresh and raw. They still are for me. Maybe eventually.
      nancy

      Delete
  7. WOW!!!!!! I bet she LOVED knowing just how much Mimi is loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful that you can see that she received it. We are able to send pictures to Ethiopia, but we never get any confirmation that they are received, so who knows. I would LOVE to have a pic like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta get long winded...

    With our 3rd adoption - our son was the only one of the three with a foster family...

    After the first night, while undressing all his "layers", we notice the "inside" of his bottom layer (PJ's) had a "patch" in it. Loosely in place and it felt like something was in there - two little pieces of paper, one in Chinese and one in english. Names, address, e-mail address, and a note that said it was from his foster family, how much they loved him, and how much the hoped he would do well with his forever family. Oh the joy!

    We've been in regular contact with them - send them pics every once in a while - and one day we will make it possible for him to meet them again!

    Over the years we've come to refer to each other as "brother and sister" - their bio son refers to us as Aunt and Uncle - he is, of course, our nephew. High praise from the culture of our children, and a great honor that we would never take lightly.

    And like you we feel a certain "connection", and maybe even a "duty" to this family to do right by them in the care of our son - thanks for "getting it"!

    hugs and great joy for you - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!! I read the blog of the family who said they visited Shangrao. I agree- adoption community is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011