slide show

Monday, October 1, 2012

Custom mentor sessions!

I'm finally going to do something officially that I've actually been doing for a while behind the scenes.  
And I'm SO excited about it!
{Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Grin uncontrollably with excitement!}

Do you have a DSLR camera, and you're not sure what to do with it?  Maybe you don't know how to take photos like the ones you have envisioned?  Or perhaps you've tried to use some of those buttons and the results just what you'd hoped for.  A DSLR can be intimidating, so perhaps you use your DSLR like a point-and-shoot camera, keeping it on auto-mode, because you just aren't sure how to learn the basics of shooting in other modes in a language you can understand?  
Can I get an amen?  
Would you like to learn to do more with it, but aren't sure where to start?

You (or someone who liked you a whole bunch) invested a chunk of change in your camera, but you might not be sure what to do with it. You might know that your camera is capable of more, and you might even have adorable models, but don't know how to get to the photographs you envision. That's where my custom mentoring is going to come in! I've been helping people use how to learn how to use their DSLR camera for several years now. Some have dropped by my home, and others have swapped emails with me.  Sometimes they ask really specific questions.  But other times the concern is more like, I just want to take better photographs! I've really enjoyed helping other moms learn to capture the images they want.  

I'm now offering a custom mentor course for beginners and amateurs that will help busy folks (or not) move the dial off "auto" and into capturing beautiful photos of the treasures in their life.  I'll share any tips, techniques, information, and tricks I know that will have you using your camera with more confidence.  I'll guide you through the process, answer questions, and give you easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.  

DSLR mentoring will be geared towards busy folks like myself, so there won't be a lot of pressure, homework, or reading.  Like my Photography 101 tutorials, I want them to be simple to comprehend and easy to implement.  Participants can take it as slow and easy as they like, or dive right in.  The pace is entirely up to you. Instructions will be done via emailed tutorials, or phone calls, Skype or in person if you are in the metro-Phoenix area.  It's one-on-one instruction with me, with as much or as little corresponding, question answering, and feedback as you'd like.

Since information will be tailor-made for each student, the topics will vary, but could include subjects like aperture, equipment, composition, shooting in manual, post processing, focusing, light, exposure, camera settings, photo critiques, and/or anything else you can dream up.

Like I said, I want to make this easy for you.  We can work together weekdays, weekends, daytime, nap time  in middle of the night, or when ever works best for you. 

Since I'm just starting out, 
I'm going to start with only 2 clients, but I will maintain a wait list.  

My rate will be $99 for 4 weeks of on-line, one-on-one, custom DSLR mentoring.  But because I'm just kicking off my DSLR mentor service, and there will surely be kinks to work out, I have an special introductory rate.  For my first 2 clients, 4 weeks of custom mentoring will reduced to $79. 

First come first serve for the first two people who reply, and be sure to leave your email address.  
So give me a holler if your interested or have questions.
(I'll update here when the spots are full.  
Update--The first two spots are now full.  If you'd like me to add you to the waiting list, just let me know.  I'll need your email address to get you on the waiting list.)

Really... I am SO stinkin' excited to work with you!

26 comments:

  1. I would be interested, but I have to work out this month's budget first to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy-I don't have your email address or any way to contact you. Just let me know if you'd like to proceed.
      nancy

      Delete
  2. Great couple posts here Nancy! Love the dance pictures - and really glad you went to that dance 28 years ago eh? ;)

    And good stuff on the WB - I remember the days when we used film and did it with filters on the front of the lens! ;)

    Good luck in your new venture - hope you end up with and extremely sucessful cottage venture on your hands!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to!! Please count me in! erinmrtn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why google is posting my name as Joy, its Julie. I am on my phone so maybe I am not doing it right. LOL. Can I email you from home tonight? I prefer to not post my email addres publicly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, Julie. I'll be looking for your email.
      nancy

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Annika-I don't have your email address or any way to contact you. Let's talk. I want to make this work!
      nancy

      Delete
    2. annikaabel@silverlock.org

      or Annika Abel on FB.

      Delete
  7. I am sooo excited to watch this venture unfold! I will be participating in the future, perhaps I can get someone to "gift" this to me for Christmas :) What a special gift you have! I'm going to be taking Natural Light 101 through Clickin Moms in another week here. You're an inspiration, Nancy. Just love your blog and love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would soooo love to learn from you!!!

    Hillary Glauser-Patton, hgpatton42@gmail.com, blog reader, adoptive mama, orphan advocate, professional wiper--faces, hands, bottoms, counters, galore! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hillary-I just emailed you.
      Thank you for your interest!
      nancy

      Delete
  9. Me, me! :-) Hillary Glauser-Patton, hgpatton42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for you, Nancy!

    I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested too! Can you also help with navigating Lightroom? Mariannezeun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can work on Lightroom too! I sent you an email.
      nancy

      Delete
  12. I'm so bummed I didn't see this earlier.... I would love to get on your wait list. I have the DSLR but am so disappointed in my ability to produce a beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami
      I don't have your email address or a way to contact you. Could you drop me an email or let me know what your email is?
      nancy

      Delete
  13. I'm so bummed I didn't see this earlier.... I would love to get on your wait list. I have a DSLR but am so disappointed in my ability to take a beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annnd, in keeping with my usual luck, my car stopped working on the way home and is currently in the shop. There goes any room my had in this months budget. Thanks so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joy, bummer about the car! I totally get it. Let me know later if you'd like. I'd love to work with you!
      nancy

      Delete
  15. Hey, I would LOVE to do this. I know you already have two so please put me on your long waiting list. I have a Canon Rebel XT. With a canon zoom lens EF-s 18-55 mm. I also have a promaster 70-300 mm. I have no idea what any of that means. I don't even know if this is the same camera you are talking about.
    Love much,
    MelissaB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it, M! You're on the wait list! Can't wait to do this with you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011