slide show

Monday, September 17, 2012

The empty chair


Anyone remember the empty chair from our Christmas picture last year?
It's full now!
Same location and same chair.  I found this chair in my great grandmother's home a several decades after she had passed away.  Our sweet girl was not going to smile on this day!
6 months ago, our plane landed, and we finally united our family with our sweet, amazingly wonderful, new daughter!
We became a family of 9, March 17, 2012. 
(I still have a hard time believing that I have 7 sweeties! It makes me feel so amazingly blessed . . .  and a little tired.)
On that day, all the children were so excited to shower Mimi with kisses and hugs and toys and attention . . .  and that hasn't really changed one bit! She's quite doted upon and adored!
Happy 6 months with us sweet Mimi Jade!
It's so much better than I could have ever imagined!

13 comments:

  1. I adore your blog - how sweet! Your girlie is beautiful! Congrats!
    Newest follower...www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I'll swing by and see you too!
      nancy

      Delete
  2. Happy six months home Mimi Jade!!! It's amazing how quickly those first six months go by!! Hang in there mama, you are doing awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe....... you melted my heart! No more empty chair! What a great follow up photo shoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. So cute!
    And I just love the look of your blog overall. Beautiful pictures everywhere I look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww..., I can't wait to get my little girl too! Mimi is adorable. Have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ugochi! Do you have a little one coming home soon?
      nancy

      Delete
  6. Such sweet photos and such a sweet girl! Happy 6 months to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing photo. I love the last one where her sandles are showing! SO very happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep - remember the original and had a clue where this one was going before ever I saw the words! Simply amazing - and joyful!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet family you have there. And I must say you are blessed.. Your kids are angels..
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking up in Exposure 99% weekday blog hop. Following back and I look forward being part of your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being from a family for 9 where I was 5th in line of kids I can confidently say I am never alone and always surrounded by loved ones. There is really great to have such a great support group and grow up with people who will be with you no matter what.
    Have a great week.

    PS And I completely understand why the cupcakes... my mom always gave us cupcakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 6 months! I can't believe it's been that long already! Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011