slide show

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just coolin' off

Nikon CoolPix AW100 (Waterproof)
ISO 125, 12.8mm, f/4.3, 1/400th
Post processed with Lightroom 4
The sun was going in and out of the clouds so in the above pic, there was full sun.  I decided to make a shadow on Mimi to get a more even exposure.  This is a fun point-n-shoot!  It's actually the camera Papa uses for work.  I had no idea it was waterproof, or I would have stolen borrowed it a long time ago!   For a couple of the pics below, I'm actually under water.  (There a several more underwater shots coming this week.  It was so fun!)
Some of the shots below are with my big ol' DSLR.  And some are just with the point-n-shoot.  I was surprised that sometimes during editing that I couldn't remember, or tell just by looking at them, which were which!
Regardless, the kiddos come home from school hot.  After riding the bus home, a dip in the pool is just the thing to cure a surly disposition.  
Jude was pretty apprehensive of the pool last year.  He's a sensory sensitive little guy, so with another year's worth of maturity and goggles, he's really enjoying the water much more this year.  Especially splashing!   Splashing your brothers and sisters is just about as good as it gets, according to Jude!
Piggies under water are just about as cute as piggies above the water!
This young man spends the most time in the pool by far.  He's usually the first one in each day, and it's always a struggle to get sunblock on him frequently enough.  He often uses the pool as his "alone time."  Being almost 14 years old, I'm so happy to give him that.
Stinker Bell decided to turn around last second and jump in backwards!
Then there's the water girl.  Always eyes wide open.  Always swimming with a smile on her face for at least 2 summers now.  Swimming makes this girly so very happy!
And because there are never enough photos of mamas with their kiddos, this one is for them.
Taken with Papa's waterproof camera.
And these two sweet things are often found together in the swimming pool!  I'm not sure who enjoys being with the other more.  
Ni Hao Yall
happy jax

27 comments:

  1. How fun!! I would love to have a pool of our own. We've discussed it on & off over the years, but it just doesn't make sense for us where we live. The winters are just too long & the summers too short for it to be feasible. :( Oh well... we use the heck out of the indoor pool at the Y! Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have a love hate hate relationship with the pool. they are SO much work! I'm not sure I would build a pool. This house, as almost all houses where we live, come with one. But I would buy a big trough for the kiddos to splash in!
      nancy

      Delete
  2. Your pics gorgeous...as always! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures that capture summer so well--and yes, you are wise to get some pics of mama with her kids--I know in our house those are rare since I'm usually holding the camera! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so hard, Ann to be in the pic. And you seem to do a great job of it! Of course I concentrate on bad hair, no make up, those extra lbs. But still trying to make myself do it anyway.
      nancy

      Delete
  4. I love seeing so many of your peeps cooling off in the pool, especially you. Love it! Love it!

    And yes, where we live too, about 99.9% of the houses have pools, for which I'm thankful. The extended summer we have would be brutal otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pool photos are fabulous! So lively and vibrant! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day in the water... thanks for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like much fun ! I love the shots of them splashing. I am following from Sunday Snapshot and LOVE your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bubbles in the water next to Mimi (in the first shot). As always, you take excellent photos!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These make me long for summer to drag out a bit longer. It looks like a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a talented photographer!
    These shots are full of life and fun ♥
    And your beautiful children look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures! Love all the special moments you captured! Thanks for the follow! Following you back! http://www.gbedwright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so envy you on the pool part! (not the heat part...) That is definitely one best things about summer though, kids and pools! I loved taking my class to the pool twice a week during ESY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun shots!! I love these. A waterproof camera is on my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I know you're gonna think I'm just kidding...but I'm not...at first look, I thought the photo of you and the boys in the pool was LIV and the boys!!!! That wet hair shows how much your faces really look alike!!!
    I love love noticing family resemblances....it's just amazing when you think about it, isn't it :)
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? Others say so too, but I think because I'm the mom, I jsut don't see it as much. People say I look like Boo too.
      nancy

      Delete
  15. You have a great story for sure, and beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! Following for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a beautiful family. They certainly are enjoying the pool! Looks like you had a wonderful summer! Thanks for the follow. I am now following you and I can't wait to learn more about photography!

    Michele @ http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, those photos are SO cute! They all look like they are natural water babies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that toes pic! / They are all wonderful but that one made me laugh out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this series, Nancy... Jude is too cute in those goggles :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy,
    Thanks for stopping by Chasing Hailey today...and i thought I had a handful (my hat is off to you). I love your pics btw...I will deffinately be following your awesome tutorials.
    Anissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011