slide show

Sunday, September 30, 2012

In the blink of an eye

Canon 5D Mark II, 50mm
ISO 500, f/3.2, 1/500 sec
post processed in Lightroom 4, One Willow presets
Livy had her girlfriends over to get ready for their homecoming dance.  
Watching them get ready simultaneously took me back to being 16 years old (circa the stone age) and reminds me how time decades fly by in the blink of an eye. 
Unlike my days of getting ready for the homecoming dance, there were no hoop skirts or wrist corsages. 
But there is still the constant chatter between the girls of makeup and hair and shoes. . .  
. . .  and boys of course.

And before I judged those boys too harshly, Papa reminded me that he was the one of those boys that I chattered about before the homecoming dance all those years ago.
28 years ago to be specific.

Blink.   
Ni Hao Yall

10 comments:

  1. Oh my- it happens so fast! What beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these shots of such a special occasion... hope you will post more with them all done up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, I wish I had my homecoming documented this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous!!!! I love the last photo, it is such a wonderful sight. <3
    And I also loved to read, especially the last part! Papa is wise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful memory you created of this very special event. Your daughter is beautiful!!
    I just had fun cruising your blog....what a lovely place....and lovely people you all are too!
    For my new series, I'd love to share the Mother Theresa quote and say that it comes from you. I love that quote...shouldn't we aaaalll think about how we interact with others every day? Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can share it! She said so many wise and inspirational things!
      nancy

      Delete
  6. What a fun day! It's amazing how quickly it goes from us to them...it's not fair how fast it flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that she and her girlfriends got ready together. How fun!

    I never went to any of my homecomings or Junior Prom....only my Senior Prom. :( Wish I had been bold enough to gather some girlfriends to go with me all those times, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

    She is so beautiful. I love that last one of Sunny helping her with her make up. Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate!

    And these are such fun, creative shots! I hope the night was as fun as the preparation :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011