slide show

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cupcake-palooza - part 3 of 5

Look who went and turned 5 years old on me when I wasn't looking!
OK, I actually was looking, but sometimes it's just so hard to believe me eyes.

By request she got chocolate cupcake, with a chocolate filling, chocolate fudge icing and chocolate sprinkles.  
Not being a chocolate gal myself (insert gasp from audience here) I don't get how some females are evidently born with this chocolate gene.  But I am more than happy to oblige her!

Each of our children get to pick out their own birthday dinner.
Tess requested an got
1) pizza with pineapple, pepperoni and cheese
2) celery sticks (one of her favorite foods which hopefully balances out the chocolate thing)
3) chocolate chips
4) and the aforementioned death-by-chocolate cupcakes.  
At 5 years old we find her a bit of a dichotomy.
She's fierce and yet quite fragile in many ways.
She's brave  and will face the biggest and highest, the hottest and loudest... but scared of the little things.
She's gorgeous and so disinterested in anything girly.  
She's petite with the character of a giant.
She's always on all the time, until she crashes asleep so very hard.  
She's full of smiles and joy and laughter... 
but can hold a grudge and throws the best most amazing longest temper tantrums I've ever seen.  
If someone figures out where they sell that magic pill that stops little ones from growing up is, could you let me know please?  
I love her so much just the way she is!



18 comments:

  1. These are great shots and it looked like she scored with the presents. I loved the cupcakes... one of my secret vices :)

    Enjoy every moment because they really grow up fast.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sweet little girl! ^_^

    I love the photo where she is standing and has toys in her hands, but she also has a toy under her foot! :)) Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too... except a storm had just come in and it shows how dirty the porch is right now. And I'm not cleaning it till it cools off. Oh well!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl....you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tess!!

    I am so with Tess on the yumm factor of those cupcakes! You did a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she looks so big all of a sudden...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your sweet daughter. The cupcakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think her smile could get any bigger or cuter!

    It looks like she had a wonderful birthday- all that chocolate and treasure. Happy 5th birthday, Tess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your little girl!!! My baby is turning 5 on September 18 and I'm both happy and sad lol. I'm so proud of him, yet, I cannot believe how quickly five years went by. I love your photos and we're people with the chocolate gene :D yum! I'm following you on GFC and I liked you on facebook. Glad that I found your blog on the wkend blog hop!

    Daydreaming Realist

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious moments you have here. I love how you capture these through vibrant pictures. I am a fan! Birthday cheers to your lovely 5-]]year old! :)

    -- Rose of Grown-Ups For A Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Sweet Tess!!! I hope you have an amazing year!!! I look forward to watching you grow. I can't believe she is five. Happy Birthday Mama Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, looks like she had a perfect birthday! love your post, so sweet. she must bring you so much joy! she reminds me of my daughter with the cupcakes. she could eat chocolate 24-hours a day if she was allowed. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff Nancy - and a Happy Birthday!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I love your photos as well, great work! I am following you back from http://tworedbirthstones.blogspot.com/ Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need one of those pills to make my guys stop growing, too. Your photos are beautiful--and so is your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am having so much fun browsing through your blog!! Thank you for being my newest follower :) I hope you enjoy the tadpole idea. Our next adventure since J is ecstatic learning about ants right now is to get an ant farm! Hope they don't escape though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures of a lovely girl :) Thanks so much for sharing this at Sweet Saturday :))) Her personality description reminds me of my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011