slide show

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Breakfast


In attempt to capture the plain-ol'-ness that we are

{please ignore the fact that the pics on the wall are crooked}
{please ignore that we do not have enough chairs around our table anymore and have to ad-lib}
{please sweet Liv, you sat next to me this morn, and I missed you.  Forgive me}

this is breakfast.
Monday through Friday
6:35am
come rain or shine...
...we have breakfast together around the table.

We strongly believe in the importance of family gathering around the table each evening for dinner. We know how important it is and what it does for us as a family. We believe in it so much that we start off our day the same way too.  

Even if you're a college student and don't have a class till noon, we still highly suggest that you be there.  
Today was plumbs, scrambled eggs, and milk.  
A couple kiddos also added cereal and toast.
Care for a little Fire Dog at 6:35 am?
Gotta love toddler morning hair!
Duck face!

12 comments:

  1. You know how I'm lovin' how real this is. I love how you captured your togetherness, and I love the fact that breakfast is a part of it.

    My hubby has to be an early riser because of his work. But once a week during the week, he stays late and eats breakfast with us...so it's not just weekends. Caleb especially adores that time. So yes, even at breakfast wonderful, ordinary memories are made. And I just LOVE LOVE LOVE yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are mornings are a bit more "dynamic" - my days start at 0430 and I'm not asking anyone to get up that early - like you - we still do dinner together every night!

    Great stuff - love that firedawg!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4:30? Ouch. I might not be able to survive that.
      nancy

      Delete
  3. In my family we would drag up the piano bench, it seats two :D Love that you captured the "Every Day" memories, the ones we don't think about preserving because they are so normal, but later, we wish we had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Thats so funny...We had 8 for dinner last night, the regular 5 plus A and her boyfriend and T's little friend from down the street and as we were passing the food I said to Mark "hey, if we had just one more here we would be just like them!" and everyone laughed!! Of course, all of ours could feed themselves.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could ship a few your way so you could get a feel for the real deal!

      Delete
  5. Aww, so nice of you to share these! :) I love the look on your husband's face. I know that look! It says so much!! Nice duckface too. Seriously!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE that expression too! It's the look we both have most of the mornings when we're not making breakfasts and lunches. Thank goodness for coffee!
      nancy

      Delete
  6. I love this post and the simple everyday moments that you captured. Precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOHHHH you are a WAY better woman than me! If anyone gets me up at 6:35.....DON"T expect breakfast! ah ya ya! Love the pictures though:) Love following your blog. Just don't invite me for breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are certainly not a "plain" family! Love the photos. Mimi looks even more precious all sleepy-eyed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011