slide show

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Photograllery {Jude on his 5th birthday}

Canon 5D Mark II, 85mm fixed, post processed in Lightroom 4
ISO 2500, 85mm, f/2.8, 1/100

I'm still knee deep in Lisa's class and learning oh so much!
And being reminded that I have oh so much more to learn!
This week we practiced shooting images in low light, and although it was a challenge it was fun too.  Low light led it's way to low-key photography, which I've always admired but never really practiced.  Low key photographs are stereotypically on dark or shadowed back grounds, and utilize a single light source to create dramatic high-contrast images. The light coming in on Jude's face is from a glass door. That being said, this photo was taken mid-day in a dark room and was slightly underexposed.   By no means was this room black.  For post processing I did bump the exposure down even a bit more, and bring up the whites/brights. 

And it's just how I always want to remember Jude on his 5th birthday.
He makes my heart melt.
Ni Hao Yall

20 comments:

  1. There is something so riveting about pictures like this. I absolutely love this. Incredible!

    I hope you have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Simply stunning. I wish one day I can take a photo like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully, haunting photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! I hope to take a class to learn more about lighting as well. Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. melts my heart too! such a beautiful pic of a beautiful boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear someday I am going to have enough money to stay in a hotel near you, for a month. During this fantastic month I hope to learn how to take breathtaking photographs of my daughter by watching you. I also think a few spa days would be nice...tee hee...
    This is a beautiful photograph. I know I say it a lot but I am in awe of what you post.
    Love tons,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photo. The lighting and the somber expression combined make it truly amazing! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday sweet 'Dude'! Is Tess still calling him 'Dude'? Hehe. :))

    The photo is just perfect. More than perfect. It's one of those photos that melt my heart. I hope you post more photos of him. He is one handsome little man. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful.

    My Shadow Shots
    Your comment is always appreciated.
    Have a blessed Sunday.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work on a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So moving, Nancy. I can't imagine what is going on this this little sweetie's head at this moment. Only you and he know. xo

    Thank you for sharing at YSB this week. Truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you KNOW how I'm loving this shot of your precious Jude! You rocked this low-key shot, totally!

    Happy 5th Birthday big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jude is a beautiful boy. I hope someday soon I will settle in with just 2 kids (ha!) and find the time for photography classes and more practice on my camera. I appreciate so much, Nancy, all the lessons you are giving us - just wish I had a Canon, not a Nikon as I can't seem to figure out how to do the same things on my Nikon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful picture and he looks very serious about being 5!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful picture!!! What a handsome little man you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS Image!!! One of my favorite low light shots we have seen in the group!!!

    You are doing an amazing job Nancy....... I told you when you came into this I could tell you had an incredible eye for composition and what makes a great photo....... and you have continued to prove me right. WIth a little push to step out and try some new things and WOWSA..... you are blowing me away!

    Keep up the fabulous work.

    Have a wonderful week~

    xo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011