slide show

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In the midst of a mess...

Baby girl is so tired every single day she comes home from school.
I mean exhausted!
She's grouchy and surly and hungry and a general bear to be with.

Yesterday while I was getting dinner ready, somewhere between the chili dogs and the cantaloupe, I realized it was amazingly quiet.  You know the kinda of quiet I mean, right?
Not the Oh-I'm-so-very-relaxed-and-taking-a-bubble-bath-with-candlelight type of quiet.
But the Uh-oh-someone-is-surely-up-to-something-and-this-can't-be-good type of quiet.
I realized Tess was MIA.

This is what I found in Tess and Mimi's closet.
A mess!
Hang on a minute...
Baby girl was crashed!  Sitting on a box of winter clothes, nestled away the way she still does when she's stressed.  She was sound asleep!
Happy Hump Day y'all!

16 comments:

  1. Aw...little cute baby girl. I have to admit the 'knee' arrow made me bust out laughing...kids will just sleep anywhere, won't they? My toddler fell asleep in his closet, watching his sister and I put his beds together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least I don't have the only kid sleeping in the closet!
      nancy

      Delete
  2. ohh my... now that is one great hiding place too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's pretty adorable! Poor girl, school's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh poor thing! I always felt bad when my children came home from school so worn out and hungry.

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww...poor thing! School can be quite tiring! Hope she got a good night's sleep after that!
    Visiting from Claire's WW linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh, poor little thing. School is exhausting. My little miss falls asleep everyday on the way home from school & she doesn't normally nap. I hope she soon adjusts.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear... But oh so cute at the same time!!!

    Mines up as well at AussiePomm - Its (nearly) Spring!!

    Have a great WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Tess, KinnyGarben is tough.. especially full day. I have kept a few students back who just weren't ready for that full day kinder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, hopefully she gets used to the days routines and the exhaustion subsides a little. Mine are always grouchy and tired the first few weeks of school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool Nancy - got to love it when kids find a safe harbor in a storm!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor thing...MJ (who had stopped napping well before kindergarten), came in from her first days of kindergarten last year and would just crash wherever she landed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know Mimi's initials are MJ too? Coincidense! At first I was confused who you were talking about.
      Nice to hear another that made in through the transition.
      nancy

      Delete
  12. Kids sleep in the weirdest places, don't they? I got up at 3am and I'm used to our dog sleeping close by so I stepped over. I checked on our 3 year old only to find him gone---and he wasn't in our bed.

    I did not step over our dog it seems.

    I stepped over our 3 year old who was sleeping on the edge of the dog bed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011