slide show

Thursday, June 28, 2012

High-apple-pie-in-the-sky hopes

{Disclaimer-us country folk think this kinda stuff is cool...  or at least I do.  City folk and/or those prone to a squeamish disposition, may not have the same reaction.}

Remember the song about that little ol' ant that thought he could move that rubber tree plant?  Even though it was way too big for him?


In our little excursion to Paradise, right next to here actually...
...we ran across this little guy.  
He was little, only a little bigger than a pencil, but he had high hopes.

We first saw this little guy in the water fishing for... fish.
Honestly, I've never seen a snake go fishing.
And if that's not enough, he caught one!  A trout!  And he slithered to shore hauling it up the bank.  Little trout didn't stand a chance on shore and was flipping around as little garter snake attempted to eat something 4x his girth.  
Ooops there goes another rubber tree plant.

5 comments:

  1. Now that is amazing! I have never seen or heard of a snake doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a country girl so I love these shots! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so Caleb has been TOTALLY into snakes lately. I showed him these photos, and he had to go run and get his camera to take a picture of my computer screen!

    Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff Nancy - and I guess I must be a frustrated "country boy"
    then - I get the cool in this!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool...and gross. Our dog Charlie was chewing on something outside recently and when I pulled it out of her mouth it was a snake. I think you heard me scream that day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011