slide show

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wordless Wednesday {Graduation}

Most mamas were carrying tissues, but I didn't expect any part of the day to bring me to tears.  That's just kinda how I am... easily distracted from what's before me.  I remembered when she started kindergarten, and the other mamas needed tissues then too.  I never did.

But somewhere in the middle of the ceremony, I had this overwhelming feeling.
I leaned over to Papa and whispered... We made this?!  It was more of a question, but kinda a statement at the same time.
Suddenly I wished I had tissues.
I'm old enough to realize that I can take little credit for the people my children grow to be.  But then again, I know our years of love and guidance, tears and hugs, lessons and laughter, must have had some impact on who she is today.  Did it?
If Papa and I had even a tiny part of molding this young woman into who she is, then I am again humbled by what I see.

There are few moments in parenting when you can stand back and admire the product of your handiwork.  This was one of those moments.  The fruits of our labor, (and boy oh boy there were some years that there was much labor to be done) before us in the form of the gorgeous inside and out young woman she has grown in to.
So confident.
So ready to take on the world.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nancy!

    I've only been following your blog for a little while. However, I know you should be so proud. Sunny is such a beautiful girl, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous girl, gorgeous pics. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously all so true!! she is gorgeous as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. I find it so inspiring as I have begun the paperwork for #2 from China, I"m trying to become a better photographer and I have one graduating from High School next week. I had my son read your post where Sunny made the decision to go to Community College. He has also made this decision based on most of the reasons you gave. His response after reading it, "she's a boss!" He needed to know he wasn't the only one. Thanks so much for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! So very, extremely, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011