slide show

Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2, Friday {Magic Wall}

I feel as if I'm having incident after incident of those moments that you never ever want to forget.  The ordinary miracles.

Forget everything I said yesterday about it not being that cold.  It was bitter cold today.  We all had on our big coats and needed them.  Except Papa that is, (he doesn't really get cold like that growing up at 7,200') and is continually being reprimanded that he's inappropriately dressed.  Oh well.

Driving out of the city and the roads are lined with poplars.  Our driver said the government was trying to cut down on the pollution.  Felt like we were driving into a fairy tale.  I'm pretty sure we were.
A visit to the Great Wall will likely go down as one of the most amazing events in my life.  The Great Wall in itself.  Just this is amazing.  But there was a light dusting of snow and it was simply amazing.  Simply magical.  I'm hearing that snow is considered good luck here in Beijing since it snows quite infrequently.  The Wall was slippery and seemed to disappear int he distance in the mist of the clouds.  The atmosphere there was one of giddiness and soon a snowball fight broke out between people of many nations and many languages.  It was simply an amazing an "ordinary miracle" event, that in hind site was far from ordinary.  Patch pelted many folks.  Everyone did.  Everyone was giddy and laughed.  It was a universal language of happiness and amazement.

On the magic wall.
Truly simply God's magic
If you see me here, you probably won't notice, but I feel like I'm constantly holding back the tears.  We're inching closer and closer to Mimi.  There's just so much to take in and I'm overwhelmed by the blessings of the adventure.

There's so much more to say.  So many pictures.  The Summer Palace.  The amazing people we meet.
Today we add
Gary
Claire
and Joe
to the list of angels on Earth that we encounter on this journey of a lifetime.

I'm going to write a post about cutting costs once you get here.  We've been very happy with being able to cut the costs several ways.

We get on the train tonight and head to Nanchang, Jiangxi.  Another adventure.

Next time I post we will probably have her.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.

17 comments:

  1. breathtaking! my favorite city in the whole world, i've never seen it covered in snow. So excited to see Mazie in your arms!!!!!! Praying for her sweet little heart. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot of the Great Wall in the snow. We have friends who traveled in January (several years ago), and it snowed on them all 3 parts of their trip, including Guangzhou. They definitely had a unique travel experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... you're SO close!
    And I remember vividly being on the Great Wall, can't imagine it in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiles--- Thanks for taking us al along on your amazing journey! Watching families go through what we will someday brings a sense of calmness to me to know what to expect down the road. And it also makes my heart smile BIGGER and BIGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO excited for you!!!!! Cannot wait to see you with photos of your new daughter. Thank you for a post on how to cut costs. We got our travel approval today! In 2 weeks we will be on our way to China also. Wish our paths could have crossed while there. The photos of the snow and you guys kissing on the Great Wall - lovely! Will be thinking of you these next 24 hours!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. kiss on the great wall - most.romantic.pic.ever! Anxiously awaiting your Mazie hug pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! We were blessed to climb the Great Wall in the snow too and it was amazing!

    Praying for you as you travel to Nanchang and as you prepare to hold your precious Mazie in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magical. Simply magical.

    I can't wait to see Mazie in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, your posts are making my eyes well up with tears. The yearning to get my arms around my baby girl (we're almost there!), and the memories of our first trip to the magical, beautiful China, when we traveled to bring Georgea home. I'm so excited for you all. Mazie will be in your arms oh so very soon!!!

    Blessings as you travel to Nanchang. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful girl!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and magic and definitely a fairy tale-- because it's all about to begin with five magical words for Mazie-- they lived happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you all and I can't wait to see Maize in your arms. BTW,it snowed when we were in Beijing last month too. It was beautiful, but we opted out of the Great Wall. But only because we were there the summer before when we adopted Lily. It is definately a sight to see. The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love it! My stomach has butterflies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That holding back tears thing... I'm there too, but I've still got another week after you. I'm so excited for your family and for Mazie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Oh, my. I've never seen anyone's Great Wall post with snow! How wonderful! What a memory! I'm with you about the tearfulness! I remember that feeling well! Yippee for you...soon, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a little jealous of the Great Wall in the snow experience. I well remember being there our previous two visit and standing in awe....awe of God's creation, of man's ingenuity, and in awe of the people we saw.

    I love, love, love your sense of humor, your attention to detail....as we wait to travel in 12 more days!!! I'm excitedly reliving our previous trips and anticipating our next vicariously through yours.

    Please post details about the TRAIN!

    You must be very close to getting Mazie as I type.

    Blessings and Prayers,
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking about you as you meet your girl for the first time! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011