slide show

Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 12, Monday {alley ways & the medicine market}

Liv feeding her new little sister noodles.
Dried everything and lots of things I had no idea what they were, at the Medicine Market.
Dried anise in the front and cinnamon in the back.

Baby bump?
Incense burning at a city temple.  

Typical doorway to a family home in the city.
My father drawing a crowd again.
Carving a jackfruit for sale.
Typical alleyway with laundry and bicycles.  


  1. I did get confused a second with the baby bump - I missed seeing Mazie's head at first!

    It looks like you got some great shots. I can't believe how big the cinnamon sticks are! I think my favorite picture is the alleyway and the clothes or the details of the cobbled street. I love pictures that are about everyday life.

  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful shots!!! They really brought me back....

  3. There is a saying in Chinese about southern Chinese eating habits:

    In southern China they will eat anything with 4 legs but the kitchen table and anything that flies except an airplane. . .

    Enjoy your final days here. Am praying that everything continues to go smoothly.

  4. Great photos! I can't wait to see China for myself - this time next week, I will! :D Have a safe trip home and enjoy your remaining time there.

  5. LOVE the baby bump picture! :) Your photos are just beautiful! I must live in a hole...I had no idea cinnamon was that big!! Holy cow! :) Oh, and the dude in pic behind Liv looks like a happy camper. ;-)

  6. First pic, guy in the background, staring at you - hilarious! :))

    Liv feeding her new baby sister is such an adorable view. I love all the photos. Maybe I'll visit China one day. :D

  7. Typical Patch-wearing short sleeves and everyone else is in warm layers :o) I want some Anise and Cinnamon, it is beautiful, wouldn't it be pretty in our pears this Fall! Was your dad signing autographs? I bet he is so fun for them all to see. When are you home?

  8. I completely freaked out when I saw you looking really thin and pregnant! Nice work, skinny minny!

  9. Fun photos! Your "baby bump" shot is a funny one.

  10. LOVE your pictures. capture the essence of the place. very very good. So happy for your family



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011