slide show

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Itinerary

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?"  ~Luke 15:4


Tues.,Feb 28 6:55am  Travel to China (PHX to LAX to Seoul, to Beijing)
Wed. Feb 29th             Arrive in Beijing in the evening
Thurs., March 1           Sightseeing (Summer Palace and Forbidden City)
Fri., March 2                Sightseeing (Great Wall)
Sat., March 3               Adoption Agency's Orientation then take overnight train to Nanchang, Jiangxi
Sun., March 4              Arrive in Nanchang and get Mazie!!!
Mon., March 5              Sign official paperwork to adopt Mimi!!!
Tues., March 6            Sightseeing
Wed.,  March 7            Hopefully drive (3 hours away) to visit orphanage and meet her foster parents  
Thurs., March 8           Sightseeing. Papa, Grandpapa, Liv & Patch take overnight train to Guangzhou
Fri., March 9                Mama and Mimi fly to Guangzhou (location of US Consulate in China)
Sat., March 10             Papa flies home and Mazie's medical exam
Sun., March 11            Sightseeing
Mon., March 12            Sightseeing
Tues., March 13          Sightseeing
Wed. March 14            Visa appointment and Oath taking ceremony at U.S. Consulate
Thurs., March 15         Pick up Mimi's U.S. visa
Fri., March 16              Sightseeing and packing up
Sat., March 17             Travel home (Guangzhou to Seoul to LAX to PHX)

To answer a couple questions--


My mom (the best mom that ever existed on this planet) will be staying with the 3 youngest kiddos, Boo, Jude and Tess, and Sunny will be staying home too and lending a helpful hand.  Just can't miss any of her senior year, and I can't say I blame her.  


China is 13 hours ahead.  There's a clock over there on the side bar.  So if you're reading your today on the itinerary, it's already happened for us in China. 


Yes, Tess and Jude know they are getting a sister, and yes they "get it."  I'm not sure if they totally understand the depth of it all or how long we'll be away, but they do understand at a 4-year-old level.  


Yes, I'll be posting frequently during our trip, or at least that's the plan.  We'll have to see how the internet works.  They may just be cell phone pics but hopefully something will be posted daily.  Sunny, Boo, the littles and my mom are certainly counting on it. 




We'll be gone by the time they wake up.  Saying goodnight and goodbye to my little ones and one big one left behind was harder than I imagined.  Harder than last time.  


OK, see you on the flip side.  

Deep breath...  I'm going to get my girl!


13 comments:

  1. I'm breathess reading this! I've never been more excited and emotional for people I've never met before. Prayers and best wishes Nancy for an incredible and safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of you with Mazie! Hope the trip is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!! Can not wait to see you hugging that sweet baby girl! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're well on your way now (as I type this). And I'm going to have to reiterate what Michelle said above- I've never been so excited for someone I've never met!! But I'm loving living vicariously through you! I can't wait to see your sweet girl finally in your arms. You & your family are in my prayers for safety & for peace. And I pray for Mazie, as you did, that she will have a healthy grieving period, but that your love will grow.
    {{virtual hugs!!}}
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does a happy dance for you all! We are so excited for you and I cannot wait to see how your trip to China unfolds ;) Travel safe and give that little one a kiss form me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eagerly awaiting your updates. This is so much fun, keeping up with other RQ friends just weeks before we leave for China. Can't wait to see what you think of the train ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you I can't stand it!!! Go get her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it :) So happy for you all

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how I'm all excited about this, you guys. :P Maybe because I've been following you for some time now and I read about your feelings, and fears, and everything...

    WOW, you are SO CLOSE. I HOPE everything goes smoothly!!!! If not, you know it will pass. God will help you! <3 God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to your updates - if you get hung up shoot me and e-mail (aussie @ fuse. net) - I have a couple 'work arounds' if you need them - but lately I've been hearing posting went easily - Internet access should be good in BJ and GZ!

    Great joy - about now you should be arriving at the hotel - rest and recover!! ;)

    hugs - prayers - and great joy -

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011