slide show

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top 10 of 2011

The 2nd annual edition of the top 10, and again, it's no where close to 10.  But I whittled the list down from 25 to 16, and that's the best I could do folks!  
The pics are in the order taken.  

Tess is just so stinking photogenic when I can get her to slow down that is!  This pic was actually taken in Disneyland in a very rare moment when she wasn't running around like a headless chicken!  The textures, bokeh, reflection are just yummy!
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
I got a new 100mm macro for Christmas last year and had some fun playing with it.  I just love the way this image "feels," as if I could feel the rose petals without even touching them.  And the slightest bit of pink I think is just plain pretty too.  
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
This photo was taken back in March when we hadn't even seen Mimi's sweet face yet!  A little lone ladybug on Jude's finger.  Maybe she was trying to tell me good luck was coming!  A ladybug is a good luck symbol in China and the China adoption community has kinda adopted it as their good-luck mascot. 
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
We took a road trip to SoCal in March of 2011.  There were several of my favorites were taken in the span of about 45 minutes.  I think this one is the best.  Jude was not feeling well and Sunny was, as usual being such a wonderful big sister.  I love the texture on her sweatshirt, but really, those eyes speak so much about the way he was feeling.  Brothers and sisters... mama heart melting!
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
If I had to pick my favorite images of the last decade, this one would surely be on the list.  I mean do eyes get any better than this?  The same eyes I first noticed in her referral pictures almost 4 years ago now.  This shot was taken first thing in the morning, when Tess was still in her jammies and not too enthusiastic about having her picture taken.  I am SO glad I insisted.  
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
The one that made me a mama in the first place, and now she's a woman in her own right, and a legal adult to boot!  Why do I still feel like a new mom with her at every turn?  How could she possibly be 18?  Where in the world did she get those eyelashes?  No they're not fake, although she gets asked that question daily.    They are just amazing, like her!
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
More Tess.  To me, this image represents so so much healing.  This little lady has come so so far in this last year, to a point that we really don't worry too much about her anymore.  From a child who injured herself daily, to a child that is now looking to us for comfort and accepting our love.  She's so full of energy and wild abandoned, and this image says all that for me.
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
I had a hard time picking a favorite from the pow-wow.  As usual, there were so many good ones to pick from.  It's hard to go wrong at a pow-wow, many colors and movement.  
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
The stuff our summers are made of!  Cousins in their underwear playing in the grass of their grandparents backyard.  Just makes me smile every time I see it!
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
More summer stuff.  This time Papa teaching Liv something he loves loves loves, fly fishing.  And the best part is that Live seems to be enjoying it as much he does.  One-on-one time with your papa in a house full of kiddos?  There's no doubt that that's also why she loves it so!  (PS-the pink fishing vest is also adorable!)
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
So so Jude.  So lovin' on her and holding her along the way, both that day and all along their lives so far.  Just today she told me, "Mama, Dude is my bestest friend."  No wonder why.  I LOVE how she calls him Dude!
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
Boy have we had quite the year with this one.  I hope we're turning corners, and today it feels like we are.  But one look in those baby blues, and I'm a gonner!  They are his papa's eyes so it's no wonder.  Any picture that captures our boy looking this good is one of my favorties!
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
I didn't take this photo of course, but it still goes down as one of my very favorites.  Our new daughter, standing up and looking ever so gorgeous!  You have no idea how many times I have looked at this photo.  Ok,  probably some of you do.  Hang on, baby girl!  We're coming!
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
Again, I photo I didn't take, and it's not very new either.  Freud is right in some ways.  The present has many many ties to childhood.  My papa, circa 1971.  My dad suggested we write an epilogue to this post.  The original post was from my perspective, and the epilogue would be from his, the reality of how it came to be.  
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
Oh sweet girl!  Sweet beautiful wonderful girl!  Think I'll have to get this one blown up big and put on a canvas.  It's so her.  So gorgeous in every way.  
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
Lastly, our Christmas card photo this year, complete with a place just waiting for our little Mazie.  Actually it's about 5 photos pieced  together through the magic of Photoshop.  It might be one of my favorite family photos ever.  




12 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your last photo!! That is BEYOND adorable!!! Happy New Year!! xoxo Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love ALL these pics! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! And we did almost exactly the same picture for our Christmas card this year (it's my avatar, a little squished, on RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture...wow. I love it. And the empty chair waiting for Mazie just seems to say so much.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. Looking at the final (gorgeous!) photo, you realize your kids all come in pairs, right? The two older girls go together, the two boys in the middle, Tess and her Dude (so, so cute!)... Mazie may feel left out. You may need to get one more little chair there for the end. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok who took & remastered the end photo!!! I love it!!!
    Don't know if I could piece it together so well,
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy - All award winning! You have a talent!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, all of those images are beautiful!!! But your Christmas card is definitely my favorite!!! Hope that little seat is filled soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I cannot pick a favourite. Maybe the one of your oldest, with the eyelashes. I've seen it before, I LOVE the dof.

    I wish you had posted all 25. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, you should have posted them all!! Any recap with YOUR photos is worth the time and energy :)

    You family picture?! Fabulous!!! I love the empty seat, what it stands for!! Miss Mazie Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. groovy mama---I did the Photoshop on the xmas card pic. I am trying SOOO hard to learn the basics of Photoshop and have a love/hate relationship with it. I think I'll always be a Lightroom gal. But it did turn out well in this pic and I really can't tell where I pieced it together.
    thx!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011