slide show

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

There's critters among us

Scabies.
Enough said.





Well... maybe not.
I wouldn't be surprised if my washer and dryer died of exhaustion at any moment.
We treated the 4 youngest kiddos, since their rooms are all in the same proximity.  I have no idea where it came from.  Only 1 kiddo, Patch, shows any real signs, and even the doc couldn't confirm the diagnosis.  But he said it was better to be safe than sorry.  Boo "might" have been bitten by some bug, but it's hard to tell.  Jude's always getting eaten alive since he's very sweet.   And then we threw Tess in for good measure.

"Treatment" involves washing every single soft surface,
like sheets
and comforters,
and pillow cases
and pillows
and blankets
and beloved lovies
and all the stuffed animals
and clothing
and curtains
and dust ruffles
and jackets
and hats
and carpet
and rugs
and cushions
and shoes
and all the socks since I can't tell which ones they wear and which ones they just wad up into a ball and toss back into the sock basket

My laundry room contains a huge mountain of things to be washed... in hot.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Sorry that you're having to deal with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! We battled lice one year on Christmas eve.

    I hope you can get rid of them quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! So sorry you're going through this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm coming late to the party since the laundry has already consumed you, but have you heard of acropustulosis? It is a little recognized skin disease that mimics scabies and happens as a result of having had scabies.

    I only mention it because we had some trouble getting a correct diagnosis at Children's in Chicago when my son had something weird going on. It resulted in an unconfirmed diagnosis of 'super scabies' and the whole family was supposed to be treated. Turns out it wasn't live scabies at all.

    Obviously, I have no idea of what your specifics are, but if are interested in reading more about it, there is more detailed information on my blog here: http://ordinary-time.blogspot.com/2009/08/acropustulosis.html

    I'm so sorry about the laundry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011