slide show

Monday, December 5, 2011

#72 - 80

I'm so behind on posting the quilt squares we've received.  There are several more, which I will try to get posted next week, after I get the tree trimmed ,and the presents bought, and the cookies baked, and the stocking stuffed, and... and... and...  'tis the season to be busy.

Yes, according the the counter over there, we're up to 99 squishes!  I know one more person that is going to give me 2 more squares even if it means I have to drive to their house and cut it off the clothes they're wearing.  And there are a couple more emails that I've gotten that have said they'd like to send a wish... but right now I'm just stuck on 99.  I know I'm gonna make it to 100.  Which if you would have told me this when I was only in the 20's I never wouldn't have believed it!  I had some serious doubts!  I am blown away by the wishes and love that has poured out to our new daughter still waiting half way across the world.  If you'd still like to contribute, please do.  It's going to be Mazie's 100+ good wishes quilt.  My mom and I will be getting together in January to start the cutting and piecing.  

From my sister who is in Japan right now.  I think the Japanese packaging is cute!  If you don't know the story of why she signed it Aunt George, it's here.  
I miss her.  

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

From my wonderful bloggie friend (over at Joyful Mama Gives In) and her family.  She's getting ready to be matched with a new daughter very very soon.  Notice that the card is in the same print as the fabric.  I have no idea how she did that!

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

 I love love love this fabric!  I think I want to do a whole room around this fabric!  Kate writes that she fell in love with it too and didn't know just what to do with it.  But then she stumbled across our blog and saw our request for squishes and decided to send us a square.  How sweet!  Thank you so so much, Kate!
  

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

 Oh how sweet are these fabrics!  Love love love more lady bugs!  And please don't miss the detail on the wish, complete with sparkly tipped flower.
The wish is going to be one of my favorites... "Never leave the house without your lipstick and a smile."  Oh I just love it!  How true.

I'll get the next ones posted soon.  For now I'm off to the pediatrician's office.  School nurse just called.  That's never good.  Some rash like thing has appeared on one of the boys.  Uh oh.

Thank you ALL so so much!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so bad about getting your sqwish out to you!! I'm so sorry! I will get it done this week!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lipstick thing is SOOO true! My Grandma was SO right!
    Hehehe... glad you liked the fabrics!
    Sending HUGE hugs!
    Krissie

    www.murphyslawrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through reading my friend's (Prevost) blog. Please tell me what a squishy is. I am a fabric-holic and would gladly send a square or two to you. Please email me at debbie.gibson@aurora.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got ours. Making a picture into a word card is actually pretty easy--I followed this tutorial
    http://www.ashleysisk.com/2011/10/shoot-and-edit-week-42-memoriesedit.html
    It's fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011