slide show

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#56 - 68

For those of you looking for our LOA announcement:
There is no LOA.  Sadly, it looks like we have a long wait in front of us.  Our dossier is stuck in translation, the very first step, longer than it should be.  There has been absolutely no progress since Sept. 7th.  Our agency is looking into it, and it's truly wonderful that they are being proactive on our behalf.  But in the end, it doesn't get our LOA here any faster.  As much as we were hoping for LOA sometime in November, and praying for Thanksgiving, it looks like it will be closer to Xmas... at the very very earliest.  I have a very good albeit new friend, Lisa, who is waiting with us.  Her daughter, Renee, is in the same orphanage, and they have the same SN and PA as us. We are trying to carry each other through the passing days.  But the days seem to get longer... our daughters getting older, without a family of their own.  And the end seems to be quite far away.  
I just  pray someone is loving on her, the way I long to be doing.
......................................................................................................................

Day #62 waiting for LOA. Averages are growing and are now up to 97 days.  Ouch.  So we probably still have a longer while to wait to be united with our new daughter... half way across the world. 

In the mean time... in order to connect my soul a bit more to hers... so far away... "Operation Squish" continues.

From Uncle T, Auntie S, and my niece and nephews.  They picked sweet and soft girly fabrics for our Mazie.
And how sweet are these wishes, each written by the kiddos and has a bible verse of their choosing.  These will surely be treasured.  Cousins are the bestest!  Luv the multi colored markers!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

This is from probably my most long-term blog follower, over at Delilah's Coming Home.  We cyber-met in 2008, and have been down this adoption road first in VietNam and now China, and shed many tears with each other on the phone and over emails.  She'll never see this post.  She's in China right this very minute getting her daughter.  Her first child.  I'm so so happy for her.  After years or being on this journey, she's finally a mama just yesterday!  
Aren't the fabrics just so bright and wonderful!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Did you see this one?  It's embroidered!  And even has the symbol for Ling on it!  Mazie is a Ling girl, meaning she's from an orphanage that gives the same last name to all it's children, Ling.  Amazingly, I've found 2 of Mazie's foster sisters.  This wish was made by Heather.  Her daughter is Elspeth, who has been home since August and lives in Canada.  And Natalie is in her mama's arms as of 3 days ago!!! 
This wish is also so so special!   More than the wish, it's a connection to Mazie's family before she came to us.  What a treasure!
Can't wait to share with you the other thing Heather sent me!!!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

I mean people are so so awesome and generous!  This one is from Merrill of Momma G and the Cat Make 3.    She got her group of "choir moms of St. Peter's" together, and they each signed and forwarded this wish so Mazie would always have a "song in her heart."    It's just perfect!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .


These last two are from Boo and me.  I'm not sure what is protocol for contributing our own wishes in the 100 good-wishes quilt.  But I decided if it were me, I'd really want them on there.  And Boo's message is so sweet, especially the part where he wrote, "I will be a good brother."  sniff... sniff...
And I'm not sure how this fabric really represents me, but I fell in love with it and the little birds.  I seem to be drawn to anything orange these days.  It's pretty simple.  But if I had this from my mother, I would treasure it.

70 down.  30 to go!
Please click on the "100 Good Wishes" square on the right if you'd like to participate in welcoming our new baby girl home!

5 comments:

  1. love them all. i've said it a million times but i'm so excited for you.
    ps. love boo's message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i thought i saw you posted LOA!!!

    Did you get it? We didn't!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. another lurker here, thinking i saw you got LOA...what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you girl, getting harder by the day....trying to keep my mind on other things!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011