slide show

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ode to summer

Oh sweet summer
I miss you so!
I miss your lack of busy ringing phone calls and text messages asking me to do more.
I miss your empty calendar with no doctor appointments or PTO meetings.
I miss the book reports, science projects, teacher conferences, and research papers you do not require.
I miss the many walks we took and the bicycle rides we had.
I miss your long warm summer nights complete with games played on the porch and black and white movies.
I miss the cousins that you abundantly provide both the time and opportunity to play with.
I miss the many books you allowed me to read.
I miss the green you wrapped us with and the flowers that blossomed at every corner.
I miss your long lazy mornings when you allow us to wear our jammies till noon.
Oh sweet summer... I miss you so!





Ni Hao Yall


6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, hoping you find joy in your fall week starting today! Beautiful family!

    Eastheadswest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it~ I MISS all that too! Blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, but at least you get sun all year round :-)
    Did my square for Mazie get to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking that this morning as I walked to class. Today was our first cold morning (it was only 52...cold for us southerners!) and I have forgotten the feeling of walking outside and being COLD!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011