slide show

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

# 29 - 40

This one represents Mimi's new Irish roots!  This squish came the farthest thus far, from Ireland!  From my friend, B, all the way across the pond!  I'm going to show her the Grand Canyon some day.  And she's going to be my guide to castles, peat bogs, and the Emerald Isle!   
Thank you so so much, B!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

All the way from Maryland!  With the cutest wish and adorable fabric!  I'm so so glad we got some lady bugs!  Just perfect!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

From another large family!  And my new best friends as they sent 9 squares!!!!  Oh thank you so so much!  Love the bright colors!  Please come over to dinner some night!  The kiddos will get along fabulously, and I'll cook!
And a little wish from her son, who is 6!  Oh be still my heart!  This one made me cry!  Thank you, C!  Tell your mama we're dropping by your house for dinner instead!  Thank you so much for the invite!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

I fell in LOVE with this retro fabric!  Reminds me so much of our avocado green and harvest gold bathroom we had when I was growing up.   Can I get an amen?  And the wish is so treasured.  Thank you for putting in words what we feel for our treasured China daughter already!

I can't believe that we're half way to collecting 100 wishes!!!!  I still have several family members who are forwarding some too.  I think I can! I think I can!   Oh I can't wait to wrap this sweet treasured beloved daughter of ours in such love.

Today is day #41 waiting for our LOA (the official approval from China gov't to adopt Mimi.)  The range of time to receive an LOA is anywhere from 35-145 days with the average being about 90.  Twiddling thumbs patiently... not.

Would you like to contribute?  Please!  Check out the details here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad it got to you ok! Lord, the wish card looks so big, I should have made it smaller.. I hope it'll fit in your wishes book & doesn't mess up anything!
    All the squares we have seen so far are gorgeous, I can't wait to see Mazie wrapped in her quilt.
    Can't wait to visit the Grand Canyon someday, and believe it or not but there is a castle visible from my livingroom window! (on a clear day, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm in love with that fabric. It started with a diaper bag from Lexie Barnes that was in Lime Rickey (the fabric) and I searched high and low and found the fabric at (now defunct reprodepot) and bought a few yards. I made my daughter (who was then waiting in Taipei) a blanket from it. Then it just became my wish fabric. I love that all the kids are connected by this fabric.

    And I would splash that all over a wall if it came in a wallpaper! I wish!

    The wish/song is from the movie Ramona and Beezus, and we love listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just getting our patches ready to send. That will be seven more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will lover Ireland!! It is so beautiful and people are so friendly. I sent your squares yesterday. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! How lovely for her to have one day. Just lovely. I'm not looking forward to our LOA wait at all! ha. Our dossier isn't even near complete...but still, I may lose it during LOA! Here's hoping yours is record fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all your wishes!! I love that you are half way there!! Eeeekkkkkk!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011