slide show

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Papa's Unspeakable Joy

Papa doesn't write on the blog often.
But I am always humbled when he does.
Humbled that this man is a consecrated part of my life forever.
You see today is our Forever Family Day, three years ago today Tess & Jude literally were placed in our arms.  And I didn't have a thing written to commemorate it.  It's been that busy, and I slept like a loud snoring log.
Papa, on the other hand, couldn't sleep, and I woke to this-




Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding


Three years ago today my life took on a completely new trajectory.  Three years ago today our family got larger by two.  The act of adopting Tess and Jude has helped me bring into perspective so many aspects of my life.  I got to know my family through a new point of view.  I got to look at the world through the eyes of two young frightened souls and I got to know God in a way that I never thought possible.

First it must be said that we decided to adopt because we wanted to have a larger family, and whatever positive impact I may have had on the lives of Tess and Jude is immeasurable compared to the impact that they have had on my life.  I often hear people say you saved those kids… 
I am the one who has been saved.  
The positive impact that they have had on my life and my family could not be contained in 1,000 blogs, in fact the same could be said for all of my children; they are truly a gift from God.

No matter how hard work has been and how worrisome my troubles have been, it is nearly impossible to think of such things with kids greeting me at the door showering me in kisses and hugs and telling me for the 100th time that day that they love me.  I am not sure why God has given me a heart and a desire for a large family, but He has and I thank Him every day for that.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above


Thank you God for the family you have blessed me with.

Papa
Our first family photo with all crazy 8 of us

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! So sweet! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, beautiful picture, beautiful day!!! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful post! You have a wonderful family. I love the picture. Take care and my best wishes to you all.
    Judy from Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Your family picture is beautiful.

    We celebrated 4 yrs home just a few days ago. It truly is a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crying like they are my babies. Perfectly said! They have blessed your lives and so many things of this world aren't at all important anymore. God bless this celebration day! May there be lots of chaos and giggling with a side of hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest of posts~ sounds like my husband could have written this!!! I am so happy he shared his thoughts~ such a fresh perspective to hear a dad (papa). Blessings to your beautiful precious family!!!
    In His Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I lived closer to you! Just to be near your family would be a blessing beyond measure! So glad to have you as my bloggy friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke-If you lived real close to us, you'd hear all the hollering, confirming that we really are just like other families, usually just bigger and louder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for being able to sleep like a log - those sleeps are GOOD!

    and Papa your post is precious! Those little souls - they amaze me!

    LOVE your family photo... can't wait to see the next 1st family photo as the Crazy nines...
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, he wrote such a beautiful post! (you so know that, too) ;) Not only have you blessed those two precious little, they have blessed your family in immeasurable ways. Gifts from God, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, we got loud, I wonder how my hubby feels about "big"? I love the desire of your heart, Papa (& you, Nancy!) I love that Tess and Jude have added SO much to your beautiful family!

    LOVE that family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Papa! I can't believe how much they have all grown in 3 years. Happy Forever Family Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011