slide show

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {Payback}

My mom got tired of my prom dresses taking up valuable space in her closets!  I mean it's only been 25-ish years!
So what's a middle age woman to do with her prom dresses?

Torture her teenage daughters of course!
Will you humor me girls and try them on?

What's that you say?  You're not going to put them on?
I feed you!
I put a roof over your head and food on the table!
I birthed you in 90 minutes without the aid of pain relief I'll have you know!
I control your social life!
I pay your cell phone and texting bill!
Oh that's better, Sunny and Liv!  I thought you'd see it my way.
Yes, there's a hoop skirt under there!
Yes, that's yards of cheap pastel pink satin.
Yes, that's a lot of polyester lace.
Yes, that's a heavy dose of Jessica McClintock-esque design.
I believe matching lace gloves, a head full of ringlets, and a bitchen 1984 Corvette completed the look.
My faltering memory says the pink dress was just under $100, and the cream one was around $60.
Watching my girls embarrass themselves have fun... priceless.






Sunday Snapshot

14 comments:

  1. Cute idea! :-) Glad they decided to humor you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. Makes me want a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you on Sunday Snapshot. This post is hysterical! Reminds me of my HS prom dress. Very Jessica McClintock-esque too. :-) What fond memories you just conjured up. Thanks for the laugh. I think your girls look fabulous in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! LOVE it! Great idea. I used to love to try on my moms dresses from the 60's and early 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few in my closet they could try on too. HIlarious, I cracked up when I read the word "bitchin" brought me right back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, I would have killed for that pink dress back then!! :P Jessica McClintock--ha! I have no clue what ever happened to my prom dresses...goodwill I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I had a peach one similar to the pink one for my brother's wedding in 1985. Why have your photos spun Tears for Fears and Journey songs in my head all day?
    "Shout, Shout, let it all out!"
    I think my prom songs were "Heaven" by Bryan Adams and something from Footloose. I just googled it: "Almost Paradise"
    Remember those??? Makes me want to start feathering my hair and belting my sweaters again (actually that might be "in" again).
    thanks for the flashback..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny and Livy have just plain ole made my day!

    And i would love to see a picture of the bichen corvette.

    Actually I just wanted to say Bichen. Yow know, to see how it rolled off the tongue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girls are always beautiful and priceless...I would have loved a soft pink prom dress; metallic blues and greens were in the year of my senior prom but Jessica McClintock definitely rings a bell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful daughters!! Just thinking about someday when my little Renee grows up and can dress up in my prom dresses. Bring on the tissues! It has been such a long journey to this point of our adoption. I don't think I will completely believe I have a daughter until she is in my arms. Thank God I have had this trip to plan. I want to start preparing for the day, but it will wait til I get back. When we get back, I may be emailing you everyday for moral support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the idea on what to do with my prom dresses in a few more years...
    Awesome pictures! And just so you know, I sure did want one of those dresses with a hoop skirt back in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011