slide show

Friday, August 26, 2011

My favorite bowl of phở

If I'm lucky, if the house gets kinda cleaned and the laundry reasonable caught up, and the littles aren't screaming through the house destroying everything in their path cranky, if the honey-do list isn't too long, I get to go here on the week end.
It's really just a tiny little place in a strip mall, but here's the best thing about it.  
It has my very favorite bowl of phở.  Ever.  
(If you don't know what phở is then... hmmmm... here's my best white-girl attempt to explain.)


The phở there isn't the best.  Don't get me wrong, it's really good phở, but it's not the best.  And honestly, the booths are a bit uncomfortable.  But it's still my favorite bowl of phở, maybe just because I didn't make it.
Maybe because I get to sit across from Boo, complete with crooked glasses, and watch him slurp noodles till his heart's content.   I sure do luv luv luv those crooked glasses.  Sweet boy, please never grow up, ok?
On the first day of school, each student had to stand up and say their favorite food.  And Boo said his favorite food was phở.  Everyone else said, What is that?


Maybe it's watching this guy, the one on the right, the one with the soup bowl the size of the Hoover Dam, trying to win free phở for a year by consuming that whole vat of phở in less than an hour.  And by the way, he didn't make it.
Maybe it's the Viet people that come in.
Maybe it's the fact that this bowl of phở is only $3.  
Maybe it's just being in the middle of a Viet neighborhood where I get to be a minority for once.
Ya, the bowl is bigger than she is!

Maybe it the fact that my favorite grocery store is just across the street and we always follow up lunch with a trip to the Viet grocery store.  


Maybe it the menu with things like bun bowls and boba balls.
And yummy salad rolls too!  (They look better than ours!)
Or maybe it's just 'cause I get to be together with them doing something we all love.  
Ya, that's probably why it my favorite bowl of phở.   


8 comments:

  1. I've never had that but it looks delicious!

    Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a ton of Pho restaurants in our area, though we more often go out to Chinese food. But my BIL took us to a Vietnamese restaurant in Portland that has the most amazing food ever made by the sweetest Vietnamese lady. Seriously made me want to switch countries we are adopting from and we are already making plans to go back. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the title of your post when I was on Cedar's blog, and I had to hop over. I'm glad I did. :) Pho is our FAVORITE food. I have so many pictures of my kids eating the BIGGEST bowls of it. And we always do the same thing, eat it, then go shopping at the Asian grocery store afterward.

    It's fun to see someone else loving it as much as us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love this post. Do they make a vegetarian bowl there? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have GOT to make it to Boston. there is some awesome pho to be had here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm.....yummy (well except for the squid balls - not gonna lie on that one!) I think everything tastes better when *I* don't have to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic place!!! I just had it again today!!! I have only lived in AZ for a few months but this by far one of my favorite pho places!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011