slide show

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {A girl and her father}

I'll say this upfront...
these images bring tears to my eyes.

I remember 14 being so awkward.  Especially when it came to my dad.  It was so, I really love you, but I'm growing up, and I don't know how to show it.
Livy seems to have skipped this awkwardness altogether.  The woman she'll become is becoming more and more evident with each passing day.
A woman independent from her mama.
They went out today, at dusk, the perfect time of day for fishing.  The monsoons were creeping in.
I snuck along to take photos.  And I'm so glad I did.  When I'm old and many more decades have passed, I want to remember them just like this.  Sometimes I have say right then and there,  God, please don't let me forget this moment... this right here and this right now.  Because it is so wonderful.  Does anyone else do that?
I've tried fly fishing a few times.  But I've discovered that most of all I really enjoy watching fly fishing.  The rhythm and the swoosh of the line as it flies in the air is just memorizing.
So I've kinda decided I'd rather watch the art of it.  And luckily I have 2 fly fisherman in our family to admire.
I hope she'll look upon these images decades from now, and feel the love he has for her.  How much he loved that she loved something he adored doing.  How much he loved doing this together.  How much he loved passing on the skills.  How much he loved her... right there and right then.

Thank you, God, for another ordinary miracle.
{ps-It's all catch and release.  They caught 4 bass and 1 trout, and we had falafels for dinner.}


Ni Hao Yall

10 comments:

  1. Heck, they even brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful. perfect in every way including the rainbow in the background, pictures. These are a treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This brought tears to my eyes also. So absolutely lovely. Love the images. Love the sentiment. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything about this post brought tears to my eyes. it's what family is all about. i'm so glad you were able to sneak out with them to capture this morning for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto. Tears. My own relationship with my dad (both now and in the past) leaves a lot to be desired. I hope your daughter knows how truly blessed she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sunday Snapshots are always so tender; posts for your family to treasure.

    Wonderful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post...and yes I do that too! Our lives are compiled of millions of those moments all piled on top of one another. It just takes our ability to recognize them and be thankful. I know I don't want to miss a' one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do it all the time...ask God to not let me forget a special moment.
    And you capture them all so well!
    Beautiful, heartfelt post.
    And what a sweet family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I hate to be so superficial, but everyone already covered the other parts I experiences so, I want to fly fish just so I can have that adorable pink vest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say that all the time. That is the only real reason I take photos... so that when something comes my way that is worrisome or ... whatever - I can remember the tastes and smells of beautiful moments. Kristen
    www.alittlesomethingforme.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011