Picture Perfect is a monthly photo contest here at Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 8.
I assume that y'all are in full-tilt summer mode! Yea summer time! There's nothing quite like it. We are so blessed to be able to escape the summer desert heat, (not trying to rub it in, Melissa!) and that means lots of opportunites for fishing and picnics and crafts and cousins and reading and walks and slip-n-slides... I could go on and on. In general all those things that we wish we could do year 'round.
So in the spirit of wonderful and glorious season...
THIS MONTH'S THEME
Drum roll please...
I know the theme summer can be interpreted many different ways and that's AOK! Summer means a lot of different things. So feel free to interpret it how ever you want. Maybe it's the beach? Or the backyard sprinkler? Or a well deserved vacation? Or my favorite, a stay-cation. It whatever summer means to you. So have fun with it.
For us, summer means cousins! Lots and lots of cousins. And were so lucky that they are growing up together. The first image, I took just a couple weeks ago, and T&J and their younger cousin PC played with water on a warm afternoon. I like how it's tilted giving it some interest. And what's not to love about toddlers running around in their skivvies!
Next is Tess, running around in the park. She was having such a fun time playing "catch" with Livy and this pic seems to catch all the joy even though you can barely see her face. I adore the light. Have you tried shooting into the light at dusk? Give 'er a whirl, and see what you come up with. Just a hint, don't shoot directly into the sun. It's not good for your camera, and the best results come when you shoot at an angle from the sun. See if you can capture some flare!
Last is Patch hauling home yet another critter! Oh that boy! But I love the short depth of field, (those are the smallest apeture numbers) making his head blurry but the frog in crisp focus. If you have a DSLR, try putting it on "aperture priority" mode, (AV on the Canon. Can anyone tell us what it is on the Nikon?) and turning the aperture to the smallest number possible. It'll give you that blur in the background.
Ok, don't be afraid to participate! Point & shoots and beginning photographers are very welcomed and have even won! If you don't have editing software, you can try Picnik. It's free and pretty easy to follow along. Not that you have to edit at all.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Photos can be taken any time but should be taken by the person that submits the photograph.
- Enter more than one photo (in separate posts) if you want! Up to 3 entries.
- Photos can be post processed (or not) using whatever method you prefer (Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Picnic...)
- Don't be intimidated by others' entries. We love looking at images from photographers of all levels! Inspiration comes from so many places.
- You have a little over 2 weeks to enter then I'll announce the winner the end of the month!
- Make a post on your own blog that features your photo entry (and any text if you want telling a little bit about the subject matter and why you chose it.)
- Add the Picture Perfect button to a post on your blog. Just copy the code under the Picture Perfect button and paste it into the body of your Picture Perfect post where you'd like the button to be displayed. The button and the code is right over there on the right side bar on top. When you click "publish" it it will show up fine.
- Come back and link up at the bottom of this post. (It's not hard... really!) ***Feel free to link up to Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa or whatever, in lieu of a blog if you prefer.***
SO WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Bragging rights!
- Brownie points!
- Bloggie-crack! (a.k.a. comments on your blog)
- My undying admiration!
- Hits on your blog!
- And if you win, a wicked cool Picture Perfect blog badge that announces to all your readers that you won! (OK, it's not really "wicked cool" but still!)
Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'll close entries on July 25th.
(I've enabled the voting system again for a few days after July 25th)