slide show

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Patch does 18

Papa,
          You know I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no golf players!  Horse shoes, yes!  Golf, no.  
But I want to report, that your boy did well on his first 18 hole tournament.
Ok... his first 18 holes ever!  
And by well I mean the golf thing didn't go exactly as he'd hoped.  You know this was his first time playing with the big boys.  And to put it bluntly he came in last... by a long shot.  
He hit everything possible, not just the ball, the turf, and the tee, but also the trees, the bushes, the long grass, the lakes (both of them), puddles, cat tails, the cart path, carts, stumps, rocks, gravel, the forest, and I think even a few small animals.  
But when I said he did well, I really meant it.  He smiled the whole way through.  He had fun.  He enjoyed himself.  He was a pleasure to be around and a good sport.  He likes the game even when he doesn't do well!  
And as someone explained to this blue-collar girl once a long while back, that's what it's all about, right?  
He even had fun with a little impromptu photo shoot.  Humored his mama he did!  Such a ham!
My favorite part of the whole thing...
... the hand shake at the end.  
They were really looking like young men at this point.  

Finally tally... 129 strokes for 18 holes.  Papa, I know you wish you could have been here.  But you can be proud of your boy.  He did very well indeed.  

Love, Mama
PS-You know he's gonna beat you one of these days, right?  Just want to make sure you are mentally prepared for that when it happens.  

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE. I love this kid, he is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this post is just as sweet as the fly fishing one above. Am I extra sensitive today or what?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011