slide show

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not for those of a delicate constitution...

This is my shoe that I was innocently putting on.
Notice the black abyss.
I put it on, only to discover that my big toe was up against my twisted insole.
Or leaf.
Or rock.
Or stick.

So lazy me decided to walk about 10 steps hoping the insole would right itself.
Or leaf.
Or whatever.

But it wasn't correcting itself.  So I took my shoe off and reached my fingers into the black abyss to untwist the insole-leaf-rock something...

That's when my shoe started to make hissing sounds.
Or rather the occupant of my shoe started making hissing sounds.
I threw my shoe across the porch and begged for reinforcements... Livy.
There was all sorts of little-girl shreiking going on.
Me thinks this is an unfortunate yet natural consequence of spending the summer in the woods!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I don't even know what that thing is but oh my gosh! It looks so scary! If i were you and i found that in my shoe it would have been out in the middle of the street while i ran into the house screaming like a little girl. Then i would have made my brother's go kill it haha. At least it didn't bite you, thats always a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you even get close enough to take pictures of it!! I think I might actually die if that happened me! I'm shuddering just thinking about it. I'm beginning to think that living in a country with practically non existent summer weather is worth it for not having to deal with that!
    Happy summer! :-) love your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is your blog and it's about you...... but you've shaken an old memory...... when I was young, very young, I put my foot into my rain boot and there was a cricket (yea, big deal, a cricket) in my boot. I got my foot out of that boot so fast and yes, screamed loud enough to get the whole family to run to my side. After that (and still to this day) I have to shake my shoes, sneakers, boots, out to make sure there aren't any spiders or crickets or other thingys in them. 40 years later and I'm still doing it. I can't/couldn't even put my hand in there to check!
    :-)

    Have you named it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious! That's just nasty! I think I would have had a full on freak out session! EEEEWWWWW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indescrible- We named him-
    "Squished in the Road!"
    That's what it gets for scaring the pants off me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW! I would have been SO freaked out!!!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Word. EWWWWW. What kind of bug was it? It is dead now right?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that were me it would have been my last blog post ever. I would have died. No doubt. Oh. My. Gosh. Please tell me you used a huge zoom lens for these pictures. You didn't get all up in his face right?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011