slide show

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheap & Easy

Gotta pass it on.
So I had a couple walls in little-cabin-in-the-woods that were begging to be "filled."  They're far too many photos already, and I was stymied on how to fill this bit of my home and make it a bit "homier."  But I was busy taking naps and all!  Not to mention broke.

I really like the idea of vinyl words and wall decorations, like this one and this one.  But every time I looked into it, it cost far more than I was willing to spend.  I mean, they're stickers and I wasn't going to spend $100 or even $40 to put a sticker on my wall.

Then I ran across these folks that it cheap and easy.  And that's exactly my style!

At first I fooled with the idea of a custom creation.  You know, like inspirational words I could create impart upon my family transforming their lives forever.  But like I've said before, I'm actually lazy... and cheap.  So I just picked one (or two) out that they already had listed.
They came 3 days later.  It was pretty easy to put them up!  And when my mom saw them she said, Wow, did you paint that?  It really looks so straight and good!  Mission accomplished.
Cheap         check
Easy            check
Fast             check
Looks great check
Meaningful   check
Wall filling    check

Next I think I'm going to do a great big tree, or two.
Or a growth chart for the kiddos.
Or maybe both!

3 comments:

  1. i've been shopping for but not buying these things for years. maybe i will bite the bullet soon! thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually bought one a year or so ago, and have never put it up! Guess I better get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011