slide show

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Winner winner... Black & White


I just love black and white.  I always process all my image in color first.  And often when I can’t get it just right, I resort to black & white and ta dah!  It’s just perfect!  Shame on me for not starting with black & white in the first place!  Little cabin in the woods has become our black & white photo gallery, and I adore the images all around the cabin taken by a variety of family members taken over the decades.
And I loved looking at the images y’all entered.  Thank you for inspiring me! 

First the runner up…
Jen @ Leary Family Shenanigans---Maybe I just really really missing my GrandDaddy and my grandmother, both of whom were veterans.  But this image just made my heart soar.  I love the way he's looking down... so modest, and the setting is just plain ol' normal, emphasizing to me how normal our soldiers, our heros are... just one of us.  He could be anyone's (everyone's) family member.  (Please thank him for me for all he does.)  Oh yea, not to mention the wonderful processing and frame.  Does his mama have this image?  How proud she must be!

And the winner…
So there was this one image that I kept going back to again and again.   From the moment she entered it, I just adored it.  And judging by the voting, y’all agreed!  (Not that I’m always going to pic the winner based on the votes.  But it sure did help confirm my decision this time!)
Cori @ The Way I See It---This image is just magical!  I love every single thing about it!  The composition! Chrystal clear focus.  Eyes with catch lights.  A wide range of tones that is so important to black & white images.  Even the way she’s peeking from the sweater is so sweet.  And the thing that threw me over the top was the textures!  Simply gorgeous!  Cori, thank you for entering it!  Honestly I adored the image of your grandmother too! (Cori-Contact/email/comment me with your email address so I can forward you the code and install instructions for your brand new 2011 Porsche 911 Picture Perfect winner's badge for your blog.)

July is just around the corner.  Are you capturing summer moments with your camera?  July’s theme will be announced and entries will start the first part of next week.  Can’t wait to see what you come up with! 

6 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Runner up! I am getting closer to the coveted winner button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner! Amazing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Cori! Your image truly is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that image Cori and you definitely had my vote!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pictures!! WOW.

    Jackie @
    madjackie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO excited to win!! Glad you loved the image too!! My email is dixiedogmom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011