slide show

Friday, June 24, 2011

Please vote for your favorite and Crazy 8 highlights

  • It's been a long while since I've post Crazy 8 highlights.  But I' a creature of habit.
  • We have some awesome entries for Picture Perfect and voting has now started.  I mean some seriously adorable kiddos and one grandma that I want to adopt!  I'm really looking forward to the whole voting part to help me make my final decision choosing a winner.  Not sure if ultimately I'll go with the favorite or come out of left field with my winner.  I'm kinda wishy washy like that.  Sometimes I'm a lemming, and sometimes I like to stand out from the crowd.  But after all the debate in this house the last two contest, I'm so grateful to have the input.  So head down there and vote, please!  (click on the Picture Perfect button on the right column to get there.  Or click here.)
  • Tess is doing wonderfully with her new earrings! She never touches them or even notices them unless it's to show them off.  Many of you mentioned getting both ears pierced at one.  It's doesn't seem possible to do it that way here in Arizona.  All the places I asked, said it was "against policy" to pierce both ears at once.  That kiddos can be literally jumpy when the gun goes off, and if they aren't done exactly at the some time, this can lead to rips and holes in the wrong place.  Makes sense.  After about 6 stores saying the same thing, I gave up.  I remember Sunny getting both her ears pierced at the same time.  Things change.  Poor sweet Walmart lady.
  • Spell check doesn't like Walmart or wishy.  
  • Our family is off today to my high school reunion.  Too many years to admit easily.  25.  Ugh.  I wish I was many pounds lighter with less wrinkles, but it is what it is, so off we go.  I'm looking forward to "going home," seeing some old faces, and reconnecting.   Would you believe our homecoming king is now a gynecologist?  Really, I couldn't make that stuff up!
  • And speaking of "going home," does anyone else love going to their home town as much as me?  I'll start by saying that the small town I grew up is simply magical.  4 seasons.  A town square in the middle of it all.  Or maybe it's just the idea of getting a hug from my own papa.  (Nothing like being encircled by your father's arms even at 43 years old.)  It is a really special place, once declared the best place in the United States to bring up a family.  Not that I think that is necessarily true.  But it is quite Norman Rockwell.  My papa was a fireman and my mom worked in an elementary school, further enhancing the Rockwell image for me.   We'd love to move back there someday.  Someday.  
  • I think Jude might be dealing with some asthma issues.  Nothing serious.  But I'm on the lookout for it these days.  Patch had asthma a a toddler.  Must run in the family.  (adoption humor)  Problem is when Patch had it, I couldn't tell.  Made me feel like the worst mama in the world when I learned I should have had my boy in the ER.  And I'm not confident at all in my ability to determine what is an asthma attack and what is just a cold or allergies or croup.  So I'm not sure if I'm over reacting to Jude's funky cough-cry-breathing-wheezing-allergy issues.   Hmmmmmmm.
  • Tess is naked a lot these days.  Can't see to keep clothes on her.  I woke up last night (2:38am to be exact) to find her next to my bed wearing only a backpack.  I guess this ultimately brings up the additional problem that she's been frequently "exploring" in the middle of the night.  Eating.  Wandering.  Exploring.  Wrecking.  This girl sure keeps us on our toes. 
  • The blog makeover is coming along.  I'm really a bit too excited about it if you know what I mean.  Found a wonderful gal who is helping it all come to be.  Stay tuned for the grand re-opening!

2 comments:

  1. wow, lots going on Miss Fancy Pants! My hometown too has four seasons and a square. And the railroad - the amtrak still runs through it. And lots and lots of John Deere tractors!

    Now, go get some clothes on your baby girl!! She'll never be fully naked though - now that she has earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. I can't wait to see the new blog...I might miss this one though... I'm a little silly like that. and.
    B. Neither of my kids EVER wore clothes inside our house....that being said. I wouldn't either...except I know for a fact that I dont' look nearly as cute as Tess sans clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011