43 things about me.
That's a lot of things. I mean that's a hugely enormousness amount of things!
That's a lot of years.
But today I take note of my 43 years with 43 things about myself.
(It's my egocentric self-serving blather on this blog, and today it's gonna revolve around me! Amuse me if you will!)
- I come from the new modern family from divorce, remarriage, step parents and half brothers & sisters.
- I've wanted at least 10 children (preferably 12) from as far back as I can remember.
- I worked as a bookie one summer! It was one of the funnest jobs I ever had!
- I taught elementary school for several years before being a full time mama, mostly middle school. I really miss that job.
- I miss making my own money.
- I don't consider myself either a Republican or Democrat. There are things I abhor and adore about both parties.
- I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. But then I figured out that there were no female astronauts at that time and I figured there must be a very good and medical reason for that. (ie women having their periods in space would be totally inconvenient.)
- I make my bed everyday, almost.
- I don't really floss.
- Papa and I started dating when we were 15 and 16 years old.
- Papa and I broke up once... for about 5 minutes.
- I don't believe in separating the laundry into light/darks or different colors or having separate loads of towels or linens. In theis crazy house, all laundry has to be strong to stand up on its own, and if it can't pass the I-put-all-the-laundry-in-at-one-time test, than I don't want it in my house. I don't believe in folding fitted sheets either. I just roll them up in a ball and smoosh them down.
- My first car was a yellow 1970 VW bug. I miss that car.
- I'm horribly domestic.
- I've actually lived in a VW bus. I miss that bus.
- I never wanted to live in a big city, yet I do. Papa and I have tried to move out of the city 3 times in the last several years. We still hope to some day.
- I am not a girly-girl.
- My top 3 movies of all time right now are Guess Whose Coming to Dinner, An Education, Gone with the Wind, and Raising Arizona.
- I was a band geek.
- I consider my ancestry to be mostly Irish, Polish, Native American and North Carolina-ian. I think that makes me an American melting-pot mut.
- I've never smoked a cigarette.
- My first concert was Huey Lewis & The News. Papa's dad took us.
- My papa was a fireman. I thought that was really neat when I was little. I miss my papa being a fireman.
- I was born to a teenage mom.
- I'm not very creative, but I am a great thief of ideas.
- I did a college paper on my favorite author, Theodor Geisel. (aka Dr. Suess)
- I can not stand being late!
- I tried for an entire semester to get my high school civic's teacher to stop grading on a curve by raising the bell curve so high that everyone in the class would fail but me. It worked.
- I can wiggle my nose.
- My grandmother called it purring. Sadly, all the women on my dad's side of the family do it. But let's get real. I snore.
- I'm afraid of hair. Only detached hair. Really.
- I've had the chick pox 3 times.
- I don't like chocolate or coffee or soda. It's not a statement. I just don't like them.
- My first major in college was pre-med.
- My first camera was a Pentax.
- I think all tennis shoes should be white.
- I once broke a chair just by sitting in it. Ok, make it 4 chairs.
- When I had my first child, I declared I would have no plastic toys in my house. I was very foolish.
- I love to curse. It's wrong, I know, and I really try not to, but I do love it.
- I like rap music and think that Eminem is an artist.
- I'm a poor reader at best.
- If I could live anywhere right this very minute it would be Hội An, VietNam.
- I don't like to go shopping... ever. Unless it's for fabric.