slide show

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Snapshot--"Look what you've DONE! I'm melting! Melting!"


Jude and Tess were having a tussle about a toy.  It happens a lot.
It eventually escalated to Tess chasing Jude only to catch him, put both her hands straight out and push him down to the floor.  I guess she was trying to teach him who's boss.

Although he wasn't really hurt, his pride had taken a hit, and the tears came.

I scooped him up.  Hugged him and held him till he decided to let go first.
I set them down next to each other.

Mama:  Tess, you need to say your sorry to Jude for pushing him.
Tess:  I'm sorry, Jude.
Jude:  It's ok, Tessy.
Tess:  I love you, Jude.
Jude:  You're my best friend, Tessy.
She leans in for a kiss.
He kisses her back.
Then they both go off to the Lego's to play.

I melt to the floor from the sweetness of it all.
It was the way they used one another's names.
The way Jude didn't hold a grudge.
The way my girl of so few words is learning to participate a conversation.
The way it was so unprompted.
The reciprocation.
The way they are both learning about feelings and friendship.
It all just melted my heart right then and there.
Land's SAKE did God know what He was doing by placing these two sweeties together as brother and sister!


Ni Hao Yall
Wanna join us for Picture Perfect?  Press the blue-flower button right over there on the top right!  We're looking for photos to enter, from photographers of any level.  Winner announced at the end of the month.  There are some GREAT entries already!  Come on over and join us!

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh so sweet!!! This is the part of our kids growing up that I love to see! They must have very good examples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little interaction between brother and sister. Congratulations, Mom! You're obviously doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. No other words. Just love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beyond beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! I so adore your Tessy and Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two little ones are seriously as cute as it gets!
    Hope ya'll having a good Sunday! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, I know it must have made you feel so great!!!

    I love the name Tess. I don't see many children with that name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so precious! Thank you for the camera suggestion Nancy, the Rebel T2i is on my shortlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I forgot, yes that picture is framed in my house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011