slide show

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Griffith Observatory

Y'all know that one of the primary objectives of this blog is to minimize my guilt for not scrap-booking in over 5 years, right?  'Cause the guilt that comes from not documenting our children's lives on archival papers, and not affixing various stickers, and not trimming with various edged scissors can be humongous!  You know what I mean?  The guilt is HUGE, and I totally missed out on the super-mom award.  And thus a blog was born!

So you are just gonna have to bare with me while a document the next installment of CraZy-family-does-SoCal.

This trip was all about budget.
Crashing at cousin Catie's condo...................................................free
An afternoon at Venice Beach.......................................................free
Lunch at Muscle Beach of sliders and French fries.........................$15
Fuel for a gas-guzzling SUV from AZ to CA and back...................let's just not talk about this part.
Griffith Observatory at sunset and looking at the skyline & stars.....free
The skyline of Hollywood below.
Everyone was a little "sun kissed" from our time at Venice.
{I read an article about photography at night.  I'm so excited to get out there and try a couple new things! The photo above with the last part of the "telescope" sign was taken by Patch.  The photo below was my first "night" attempt with some new techniques.  Can't wait to try some more!}

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! I laughed at your comment about making up for not scrapebooking. I am right there with you!! I think your unbelievably beautiful photographs will make up for a whole lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Great job at the night time photo! I, for one, am glad you shared--though loading your page did slow down Sunflower's Netflix Streaming on the Wii. Go Diego Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I'm a California girl and these pic's warm my heart. After 20 years in the LA basin, even an apartment in Venice, a block from the Boardwalk, Griffith Observatory is by far one of my favorite places! Love all your pictures.
    Glad you're having such a great time.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011