slide show

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

An exercise in futility

Pointers for simultaneously capturing two busy-body and often uncooperative 3 year olds in the same photograph-

1.  "Say cheese" rarely gets you a natural smile and makes for unnatural looking subjects.
>
2.  Be sure to keep your subject's interest so they look at the camera.
3.  Enthusiastic hugging can often lead to...
...choking.
>
4.  Don't make boring or stupid commentaries on Obama health care reform or current civil unrest in Egypt... like I obviously did on this photograph.  
(PS-Tess thinks the Obama health care reform is really funny stuff, especially since we were just denied coverage of Jude's feet... but I guess that is a whole 'nother post... but I really don't want to go into politics on this blog... but this might explain Jude's very angry serious expression... but now I'm REALLY bunny-trailing!)
5.  Tent revival reenactments also make for awkward looking subjects.
6.  Be sure to bring cootie-spray for uncooperative little boys.
7.  Do have siblings kiss on the cheek to avoid awkward brother-sister moments.
Maybe noses or chins.
Or noses and chins.
8.  When all else fails, focus on something that doesn't require a smile
9.  Don't insist on perfection.
Pretty stinkin' cute if I don't say so myself!  
Am I a lucky mama or what?!

9 comments:

  1. Funny...
    and ADORABLE :)
    Thanks for the chuckle this morning, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw super-cute Nancy, love these! They would look great as a b&w series framed on the wall!! You have FANTASTIC focus on these, BTW - they are perfectly crisp and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tent revival pic. had me laughing and I am still laughing.
    What a bunch of cuties !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!!! Thank you for letting me "join" you for lunch. I really didn't want to write the IEP while eating my tuna sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot decide which one I like the best. You are one lucky mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each and every one of these are perfect in their own way....so I say keep doing all of those don'ts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your captions are hysterical. DON'T get me started on healthcare :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011