slide show

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mazatlan Baby!

This March, the Crazy 8s are gonna do something we haven't done in a LONG time!  
Not since the before babies came home!
A real family vacation!
We're going here!
And here!
And here!
And surely we're gonna build lots of these!
And hopefully eats LOTS of these.
And maybe even one or two of these!
The girls want to do this!  But I'm not so sure!
They
have never seen this.
And I am just giddy with excitement to show it to them!
Except for the fact that we are going to drive 2 days to get there.
Which brings about the obvious discussion from Ellen & Clark Griswold
Ellen: Why aren't we flying? 
Clark: Because getting there is half the fun. You know that.
Really?
Oh yes, I will definitely need one of these when we get there!
But the whole family is buzzing with excitement!
45 days and counting!!!!

PS-I'm sitting here laughing because I TOTALLY forgot that we have taken T&J to the beach before, about a year ago, when we visited family in near Mission Beach!  It was a quicky trip to California and back, and we visited at the beach for about 10 minutes.  Then a wave ate Tess, and it was SO cold so we quickly left!  I had totally forgotten until someone left me a comment reminding me.  
So much for the blog keeping my memory fresh! 

7 comments:

  1. We drove from WA to KY a year and a half ago and getting there was a good portion of the fun! We were surprised at how well the kids did in the car for hours at a time, but really enjoyed being isolated as a family and was amazed at how happy we all were. (We did feed S a lot of Ritz!)

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! I don't ever believe it's fun getting anywhere. Prove me wrong, because someday we won't be able to fly either...

    wait, didn't you guys go to the beach in CA at somepoint? I remember Jude got eaten by a wave...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! I don't ever believe it's fun getting anywhere. Prove me wrong, because someday we won't be able to fly either...

    wait, didn't you guys go to the beach in CA at somepoint? I remember Jude got eaten by a wave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a 17 hour drive ahead of us in April. We're going to visit family in Tennessee. Never been there before. I like your beach trip better. Can I tag along? Speaking of your littles and never going to a beach before, we went to one in Vietnam and were sure to dip L's feet in it...just to say we did it.
    I bet you'll get some nice photos on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post with the mixture of pictures! Sounds like a wonderful (minus the car ride :) vacation. I am sure you will take lots of great pictures!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am excited to see where this leads. Praying that we will do the same sometime in the future...the beach and fostering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, I'm a bit envious. But late summer will take us too the to the beach to visit family in California. Not quite as exotic as Mexico but convenient and just the 24 hours in the car :)
    Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011