slide show

Friday, January 7, 2011

10 steps & monkey boy

1.  One of my children had a tough time doing homework yesterday.

2.  So he ran away.

3.  To the front yard... up a tree.
4.  High.
5.  He's actually a monkey you know.
6.  He took a phone, not a cell phone, because I think 12 years old it too young for this boy to have a cell phone.  So he took the house phone, and we had a conference call.  But he still would not come down.
7.  I did what any good mama would do.  I called his father and asked him to come deal with it.
8.  So Papa had to talk him down... down the tree... literally.
9.  While I took pictures.
10. Then he came in and finished homework.

Mama 1 -  Patch 0

6 comments:

  1. he held my shoe hostage in that tree one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should get credit for atleast an assist. After all I was needed to get him to finally jump out of the tree. I love that little boy and all the strings that he loves to pull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. sorry about your shoe Oak Running Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grin* I ran away to the front yard when I was three. I brought a suitcase and everything. Too bad I wasn't older at the time... a tree is so much more dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. I too have a monkey, but sadly for him/fortunately for me, we have no such trees in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cracks me up because this precious one reminds me of our PT in so many ways-in fact his favorite animal is a monkey, probably because of the similarities and the fact that he thinks he can swing from tree to tree(hence last years cast!). That tree is mighty tall, where's the safety net?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011