slide show

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear Papa,

Happy, happy birthday my sweet man!
Do you remember that poem I wrote you when I was 19?
The one I wrote to you for Valentine's Day our first year at university?
The one I wouldn't let you show anyone?

From 15 to forever, 
Our love continues to grow.
Our memories of yesterday
Are only bettered by the dreams of tomorrow.


Ya, it was pretty corny.  I'll admit it now.
But you gotta give me some credit!  I was 19 years old, and I was seriously in love!

In fact, I've never stopped being seriously in love with you!

No black balloons.
No sombreros and singing waiters.
No party hats.
I promise!
OK, I may have to take that thing about the party hats back!  You know we love ourselves some party hats!

27 years later, I just wanted to say, you are the absolute best husband and father in the world!
Land's Sake! I am so very lucky to celebrate this day by your side!

Thank you for continuing to hold my hand all these days... months... years... suddenly turn decades.

Happy birthday, my love!

Crazy Mama

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for a wonderful day. I hope the next trip around the sun is as good as the last and with you by my side it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't I just love hearing about how much in love people are!! Reminds me that there are still good things in this world :) Even poems written by lovesick 19 year olds. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011