slide show

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. ~Chinese Proverb

We now have 3 days of preschool under our belt.  T&J are still getting used to the routine.  Crazy mama is still getting used to the quiet and still in the house.  I'm getting lots done.  Laundry.  Organizing closest.  Dinner.  It's a bit lonely though.  Far less destructive, but a bit lonely.
T&J go to school Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri, 2 1/2 hours each morn.  The school bus picks up and drops off directly at our house.  Jude was very confused by the school bus at first.  Hysterically he got off the bus on the first day.  We finally calmed him and discovered that he honestly thought the bus was taking him "away."  Far away... from home, and mama, and family.  You can only imagine how upset he was.  After explaining that the bus brings him home, he hasn't had a problem with it.  Bad mama.  I should have mentioned this before he got on the bus.

Second day - Really, how cute is he coming off the bus with his smile.  I love this child!
Tess is doing better than that first morning, but I must admit, it's still tough.  She gladly steps on the bus, 'cause after all, it's a shiny yellow, toddler-magnet, school bus!  But after getting buckled in her car seat and seeing me waving goodbye outside, she cries and reaches for me.  mama, mama, mama. 2 years of attachment therapy, trying to get eye contact, trying to get her to look at us.  We would have given anything if she would have reached for us.  Now she does.  It makes my heart sing.  And I can't respond.  It breaks my heart.  A dichotomy of raising this special child.
At school, both babes continue their therapies.  After almost 2 years of up to 8 therapy sessions a week for them, I feel a bit at a loss of what to do while they are away.  It's just so quiet around here.  I'm trying to develop a good routine of exercise, prettying-up each morning, making my bed... things that have been grossly neglected the last 2 years.

Going well so far.  And because I'm a glass-half-full type of gal today, I think it's only going to get better.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what little school bus sweeties they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement. I love that "everything changes", so much of what we thought was so important has shifted--I love this journey with the Lord.
    ps--very cool shirts, but not mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many life changes come our way - children grow and change. One of your daughters got married this summer; I still find it hard to believe.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa- I followed along via blog as your daughter wed. Thank you for the reminders that is all is to be treasured because it passes so quickly. Your transparency is invaluable!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011