slide show

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

147

I don't normally do this.  In fact, I don't think I've ever done this.  But I am.
This is Papa wearing his new favorite t-shirt.  Papa goes through t-shirts pretty quickly so I'm always on the look out for good quality ones.  And while we're at it, if it has a great image, or says something that's inspiring, than that's great.
Laura is selling t-shirts over here on her blog to help raise funds for them to adopt two sweet children, a boy and a girl from Ethiopia, ages 5 and 7.  They just announced their referral! I originally found Laura's blog while surfing for t-shirts for Papa.  And when I read the message, I knew it was perfect.  I ordered him 2 of them, the "Adopt, Pray, Support" and the "Make a Difference" ones.  But you see, I still kinda worried 'cause you never really know what you're getting when you order something online.  Papa is really a girl, has far more shoes than I do, and to top it off he's kinda picky about his t-shirts.  When it came, I was so relieved.  It is so soft and a great quality.

But let's get to the message.
147.
Really?  147 million?
Yes.
147 million orphans.
Children.
Babies.
Toddlers.
Teens.
All around the world.
Many with special needs.
Waiting.
Needing prayer.
Needing support.
Needing families.

Papa loves to wear his new t-shirts, hoping someone will ask about what it says, so he can share our story.  More joy and more bliss.  This event that has transformed us.

I pray that these shirts will help with Laura's 147 million minus 2.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for posting about our t-shirts and more importantly the need for families to rise up and make a difference in the lives of orphans. We are called to care for widows and orphans in their distress...pray for them, adopt or support families that are adopting! Together we CAN make a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart 2 Home - Together we ARE making a difference. Along with all who follow God and care for widows and orphans as he asks us to.

    James 1:27 (New International Version)

    27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

    God bless you and your effort.

    with love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011