slide show

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Recipe for a fab 4th

Start with 11 tie dyed cousins...
...add face painting and snow cones...
...add watermelon...
...fold in 3 gorgeous Crazy 8 girls...
... and two lollipop lickers...
...stir in an incredibly adorable little girl...
...mix in 3 persons with pies in their faces...
...fold in a tattoo...
...and a couple wonderful happy families...
...fold in a jujube...
...combine with your secret ingredient...
(I have NO idea what this is really about!)
...add a really big hat...
...and some dandelion blowing...
...pour all on top of a spectacular neighborhood parade...
...complete with many golfcarts...
...heavily laden with LOTS of dollar store decorations...
...and pretty girls...
...be sure to toss in Elvis...
...and patriots...
...garnish with George Washington crossing the Potomac...
...and sprinkle lightly with just a little politics...
...some cyclists...
...some baton twirlers...
...and even decorate your dog if you like...
...and lastly serve with lots of love for a wonderful country that allows all this craziness!
Hope you enjoyed your families and celebrated our country this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Come on! Tess's outfit is THE.BEST.EVER! Is that one you made? If so, you've got to start marketing those for stores for next year's 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Michelle, I made this one too. The best part is the pants, which there really aren't any pics of. I wish I sewed faster, cause I really think I could make some money with the requests I've gotten. But at my speed, I'd have to charge 5.2 quadrillion dollars to justify my time. Sewing ruffles and ribbons and bows on my baby girl is too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one stylish parade! It looks like it has been staged and guess it has in a way. lol Yes, Tess' outfit is too adorable. I know, Nancy, the 4th is one of your fave holidays and it looks as if you had a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    I couldn't find a "contact me" option otherwise I would have used that... I grew up where all of your summer pictures have been taken and your Mr. Wonderful is SO familiar to me and I just can't get my old brain to remember the name! If you'd like to email me, I'll give you more details so you can see if it really is a small world after all.

    PS - I found you through your photo entry at The Pioneer Woman's site! I knew that Pow-wow looked familiar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen-
    Blogger won't let me access your profile, thus no email address for you. Yes, Papa grew up here. I asked him, and he says he remembers a Colleen H. Maybe you?
    You can email me at nancyvnjourney@hotmail.com
    Hope you see this message!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011