slide show

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potty Talk {Day 3}

I’ll start today by saying timing is crucial.  Tess is so not ready for potty training.  She doesn’t have the vocabulary.  She doesn’t “get” that her body is doing something yet.  Although she shows interest in sitting on the potty, she’s far from being ready.  I’d rather wait and have success than potty train too early only to fail and have to start over later.  That being said, we trained Patch too late, and he was too smart to fall for the cheering candy game.  He knew how to work it, and he did.  It was disastrous.

When I trained Boo, it was the easiest thing ever.  Boo was/still is the most modest child.  After day one, he demanded the potty chair be in the bathroom and that the bathroom door be closed when he was doing his business.  It was pretty easy after day 1 with Boo.



Because the potty training has been going so well with Jude, we added the BIG-boy underwear.  I thought they may be a problem, and they are.  Size 2-3 was the smallest underwear I could find, and they're nowhere close to being small enough.  For now I have them pinned in the back, but if any of you mamas of small-bummed kiddos know of where I can find small underwear, please comment,please!  These are so big it's silly.

I also cut back on the liquid intake today, and we ventured to play outside, seeing if he'd remember to run back inside to use the potty when need be.  He did.  It was good.

We did have an accident today.  The good news is that he was trying to get to the potty and just didn't make it on time.  The bad news is I then had to clean the skid mark from the underwear to the floor to the potty.   Jude was quite upset, and I think that's probably a good sign.

And less candy intake today!  My knee jerk reaction is that the reduction of candy intake is good.  But I think it's because the novelty of it all is wearing off and thus the real challenges can begin.  

To be continued tomorrow…

5 comments:

  1. Coming out of lurkdom to share that Hanna Andersson underwear, while pricey, can save money in the long run because they truly, TRULY do fit. Their XS size fits no-rear kiddos who weigh 20-30 pounds. My daughter wore them at 21 pounds and my nephew wore them at 20 pounds. And congrats on the potty training! It's an all-consuming thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one dedicated blogger. I can't imagine having the energy to post about potty training after a day filled with potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonggu Momma-
    THANK YOU! I'm gonna look into the Hanna Andersson underwear. Anything has to be better than what we have now! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen-
    It's easy on the mountain. Summer time is definitely longer than other months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! Just don't kill me if you have a heart attack when you see their prices. (But I totally won't recommend them if I didn't think they were worth that outrageous price.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011