slide show

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Snapshot {Paradise Revisited}

Last year we went here.  And this weekend, when I suggested a picnic, 3 of the kiddos asked Papa if we could go back to Paradise Creek, on the Apache Indian reservation.

It's only about a 15 minute drive from the cabin.  We invited another family to go with us, a family that wouldn't take offense to the "crazy factor" or the fact that we hauled a potty chair with us.
It was just as we remembered!  Paradise indeed!
A shady place to make and enjoy sandwiches.

Cool water to splash in.
Logs to conquer
Flowers in full bloom everywhere.
Time to nap.
I love how the big girls found a place all there own to jibberjabber away.
And how the boys instantly found a place to endanger themselves and strike fear into their parents.
A picnic at Paradise Creek.  A fabulous Ordinary Miracle!
Thank you Lord, for the simplicity and beauty of all that you offer me.
Ni Hao Y'all

11 comments:

  1. Paradise INDEED!!
    Gorgeous! Looks like everyone had a blast :)
    Happy Sunday (on Monday :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Paradise to hell in 12 hours. I am back down in Phoenix it will be close to 110 today here. I miss you guys already and I miss the cool water of the creek washing over my feet almost as much. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures! Gorgeous!
    Kelly
    www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
    www.jiayindesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos - and it certainly looks like everyone was having a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "the boys instantly found a place to endanger themselves and strike fear into their parents"...
    My 3 1/2 year old would fit in with that group of boys! So glad to know it isn't only my son!
    Looks like you guys had a wonderful time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is jude eating a cookie while on the potty?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Oakrunning bear, that is a cookie he has. Have you ever tried to take a cookie away from a toddler? I don't want the blood on my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. having seen his fit after taking playing cards away from him,i can only imagine what the loss of a cookie would cause

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you think I go to cool places?! What a perfect day you describe! Wait, what was the temp outside? Humidity level? When we were in Mystic, CT it was 90's and HUMID. That's Mike's favorite weather. That type of weather is my nemesis. I would love your day in the outdoors had it been between 68-84 with no humidity. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Norah-It was about 78 degrees and 5% humidity. Again, pretty darn perfect! We'll make up for that when we go back down to the desert in a couple weeks. It's suppose to be 110 degrees there today, YUK! But yes, up in the mountain, it's pretty perfect. Being an AZ gal, I don't do humidity well. About 5%, I start to melt. I was a mess in SaiGon. Mystic didn't look that hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So hard to believe it is actually that warm in other places...it's a balmy 32 here today...and the jokes on us this April Fools Day...6 inches of snow on the 1st of April!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011