slide show

Friday, June 11, 2010

Blink

Do you ever have those moments when you turn around and wonder where the time went?  One minute your in your twenties, then you blink and all of a sudden you're in your 40's and wonder where 2 decades went?  At this rate I'm gonna be 97 next week.

I had one of those moments a couple days ago.

Wasn't it just yesterday, he was my 10 pound baby boy just placed in my arms.  Just born.  And no time for an epidural either, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Then I blinked, and this happened.
My baby went from toddler to little boy to this in a blink of an eye!

Who is he?  I hardly recognize him!  Except for that big head, which was surely 9.7 of the 10 lbs, which I clearly remember on delivery day.
Mama, the board is all blurry.  I can't read the words.
A trip to the eye doctor, the addition of glasses, and POOF, I blinked and my baby turned into a young man.

I'm sure someone out there knows how to stop these growth spurts.  Someone help me!  Surely there's a pill or salve or poultice or something that will stop my little ones from growing!
I mean they're all ganging up on me and...
and...
growing up!

At this rate, next thing you know I'll be the mother of children that
make up their own minds
pick out their own clothes
make mac-n-cheese without me
pick their own friends
sleep in
have their own opinions
are high school students
drive
are married and have children of there own.
make their own bed without being asked 624 times.  No just kidding!  That'll never happen.

Boo, you are right!  You look just fabulous in glasses! Old... and fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. So mature and handsome looking. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No one has the magic cure to stunt growth??? Help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011